Founded in 1988 by Ben van Berkel and Caroline Bos, UNStudio specialises in creating ground-breaking architecture and design at all scales, from bridges to public buildings, offices, residences, exhibitions, products and urban masterplans. The name UNStudio stands for United Network Studio and refers to the collaborative nature of the practice.
Throughout 30 years of international project experience, UNStudio has expanded its capabilities through collaboration with an extended network of international consultants, partners and advisors. This network, combined with our centrally located offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai and Hong Kong, enables us to work efficiently anywhere in the world. With over 120 completed projects in Asia, Europe and North America, the studio continues to expand its global presence with recent commissions in the United Arab Emirates, China, South Korea, Italy, Germany and the United States, among other countries.
About the Role
As an international architectural firm, UNStudio is active in the broadest fields of architecture. Our project portfolio covers every aspect of architecture, ranging from small to large scale projects, research and theory. The atmosphere within each of our offices is international, multidisciplinary, design-oriented and ambitious, but also open, non-hierarchical, team-based and friendly, with attention to personal well-being, knowledge development, and career planning.
What You're Gonna Do
We are currently looking for Senior Architects to join our Shanghai office. The ideal candidates should have effective management and team leadership skills, strong design sensibilities, excellent technical skills, a flexible mentality, and experience managing all stages of a project, from concept through to construction.
- Minimum 10 years of experience, with extensive experience with built international, large-scale projects
- Extensive coordination experience with clients, contractors, and consultants
- Excellent communication, budget control, planning, and organizational skills
- Excellent aesthetic sensibilities and design skills
- Extremely technical with the ability to resolve architectural solutions through innovative thinking (documented through construction and shop drawings/details)
- Effective project management and team leading abilities
- Excellent knowledge of products, materials, and construction methods, especially in Asia
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a continuous desire to both learn from and mentor others
- Responsible, accountable, and able to foresee risks and solve conflicts in projects
- Working knowledge of 3D + 2D software (Rhinoceros, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Fluent English and Mandarin communication skills (reading and writing)
What We Offer
Working conditions are according to Chinese legislation. Benefits are consistent within all UNStudio offices. Applications consisting of a short motivation letter, C.V. and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max.10mb) to Feely Pan at email@example.com.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.