Publica is a research and urban design agency that works at a variety of scales, from the detailed design of a single street to setting the vision and strategy for an entire district. We are an ambitious and energetic company that advises local authorities, landowners, developers, architects and community organisations, both in London and abroad. Our projects are driven by rigorous analysis of place and context, combining active, in-depth fieldwork and documentation with an ongoing study of international best practice.
What You're Gonna Do
At Publica, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, preparing and delivering public realm strategies, masterplans and concept designs for sites across London and the UK.
Project Assistant candidates should have a minimum of RIBA Part I or equivalent qualification. They should have professional experience of producing urban design and public realm or equivalent within architectural practice, including detailed analytical work. Further desirable attributes for both candidates include excellent drawing, mapping, photography and writing skills.
- Working closely and effectively with other members of the team, including the Executive Team, Projects Director, Urban Designers, Graphic Design Team, Researchers and other Project Assistants or freelancers in the delivery of projects.
- On-site area surveying, including interviews, photography, drawing and mapping.
- Carrying out desk-based research and archival research.
- Drawing and digital visualisation of both current conditions and design proposals.
- Compiling and preparing survey materials and images for reports.
- Assisting with the analysis of research findings and report writing.
- Assisting in the assembling of case studies.
- Attending internal staff meetings, including weekly team meetings and project meetings.
- Helping to maintaining digital and paper office filing systems relating to the above projects.
- General office duties relating to the above work such as printing, tidying or day-to-day
What We Offer
Fixed-term (6-12 months) full-time position available. Negotiable based on experience.
CV, cover letter and portfolio (PDF format, max 10MB) to email@example.com stating Project Assistant application in the subject line.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.