The Class of 2020 Foundation is a partner-based non-profit organization with a simple goal: to further the professionalism and knowledge of student housing in Europe and beyond. Established in 2011, the Class of 2020 is now the largest European Student Housing platform open to anyone and everyone. Our small and flexible team operates out of Amsterdam.
Our vision is for cities to attract and retain the brightest young minds, and for them to lead the way to social and economic success in return. Together with our industry-leading community, we set out to rethink the places where students live, work, and learn.
About the Role
The 5 Basics:
- A fulltime position in a flexible working environment in Amsterdam
- Be the face and the voice of Europe’s leading non-profit foundation on student housing, co-living, urban campus, and university-cities
- Elevate the foundation to the next level by strengthening our programme and content
- Network with industry leaders both virtually and face-to-face
- Be part of a global community for the future of student and co-living
The leading foundation on student and young professionals’ living, working, and learning in Europe is looking for a real-estate investment and urban development expert to join our growing team. In the era of paradigm shifts accelerated by health and mobility crisis, in which universities, cities and countries attract talent is changing. Our foundation connects the international communities of real estate, student housing, blended living typologies, higher education and urban development.
The Class of 2020
Founded in 2011, The Class of 2020 is a non-profit partner-based foundation shaping the future of living, working and learning for the generations to come. We publish trend reports, facilitate professional trainings, host leadership meetings, advise partners, and organise the largest student living and coliving conference in continental Europe, and much more. Today we are the leading European network platform on student housing, co-living, other blended living typologies and related topics with around 90 partners and several thousand participants in events and conferences each year. We have an ambition for sustainable growth by co-learning and collaboration via curating and organising industry events, training sessions and conferences across Europe.
What will you be doing?
You are responsible for our on- and offline programmes, further strengthening our thought leadership proposition and developing knowledge exchange and networking-based community. You enrich our expertise with the team and present our insight into the growing ecosystem of stakeholders. As a programme manager, you will be curating and moderating conversations, making you one of the faces and the voices of the organisation. The Class specialises in three distinctive yet connected value propositions: Co-learning, Co-leading, and Conference. As a lead of programme curation and execution, you stimulate the dialogue by setting the most urgent, relevant and important agenda for our industry and curating the inspiring contributors from and beyond our industry.
Our commitment towards making student and young professional living more professional, welcoming and international inspires us to organise specific events. Through these events we raise awareness on the topics of our choice, increase the knowledge base of the industry and facilitate networking between intertwined industries shaping the knowledge ecosystem. After celebrating its graduation in 2020, The Class of 2020 reinvented itself and will conduct the following activities in 2021:
- The Class Conference in November 2021
- 4 Co-learning and professional training sessions to empower the employees of our partners
- 3 C-level leadership meetings to inspire the senior leadership of our partners via peer-to-peer conversations and inspirational speakers
- 2 virtual European Market Updates by leading experts from across Europe on the state of the different markets, focus on real estate investment and development
- Publication of annual The Class Trend Report that will be released during The Class Conference
What You're Gonna Do
Your 5 priorities – Collaborate, Cooperate, Coordinate, Connect and Communicate
- Develop and execute event content strategy through research with a strong focus on the identified topics that are current and relevant across various European markets and communities
- Define key messages and write the narratives for upcoming events
- Identify, invite, and manage speakers
- Translate each event into pre, during, and post communications content and support the execution
- Host and moderate our events to investigate further to dig deeper into the potential impact and implications of the identified topics
To be a successful candidate for this challenging yet exciting position, you will have expertise in alternative real-estate investment, city/urban development and a true passion for growing with others. You thrive on fast-paced business development and have an outgoing personality. You take pride in being highly organised, engaging as a self-motivating team player, a great networker and storyteller, with the ability to seize commercial opportunities and respond to the needs and wants of different stakeholders.
5 things we look for:
- Critical and analytical thinker with 5+ years of proven experience in advisory, research, partnerships and project management, with a strong capability to represent the organisation as an engaging storyteller and conference host
- Proven capability to quickly translate knowledge into actions; including experience with industry foresights and leadership development, quantitative and qualitive research, project and stakeholder management
- Natural and passionate writer, preferably with master-level education or equivalent. Affinity with the alternative asset, student housing, co-living, and other blended living typologies and urban regeneration is a must
- A start-up can-do mentality and capability to manage multiple projects/events spontaneously and simultaneously
- Fluent in English both spoken and written; fluency in Dutch is a plus
What We Offer
If you meet the requirements and are keen to join the Class of 2020, please send your CV and motivation letter to Ms. Yoony Kim via firstname.lastname@example.org. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled. We are looking to start this position as soon as possible.
This job is available for international candidates.