EUROCITIES is the network of major European cities. Founded in 1986, the network brings together the local governments of more than 144 large cities in over 39 European countries. EUROCITIES provides a platform for its member cities to share knowledge and ideas, to exchange experiences, to analyse common problems and develop innovative solutions, through a wide range of forums, working groups, projects, activities and events.
About the Role
Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a project coordinator in the field of mobility. He/she would ideally start 1 May 2021.
What You're Gonna Do
As project coordinator, you will be responsible for following up on the MOVE21 and SCALE-UP projects, two research and innovation actions funded under H2020. Both projects will run for four years and focus on the role of cities as climate-resilient, connected multimodal nodes for smart and clean mobility, with the aim to demonstrate and test innovative passenger and freight solutions across the functional urban area, and in connection with the Trans-European Transport Network. Other aspects that will be addressed include, for example, transport data management and digitalisation, multi-level/multi-stakeholder cooperation, sustainable transport planning, alternative fuels infrastructure, social inclusion, mobility management during major events, multimodal hubs and services etc.
In this role, you will :
- represent Eurocities towards the project consortia:
- manage the projects, both technically and financially
- maximise synergies between both projects
- liaise with the European Commission and project partners
- coordinate activities at workpackage level
- design and implement strategies to support transfer of innovations between cities
- organise workshops, trainings and events
- promote project results and activities internally and externally
- contribute to the development of policy recommendations
- draft technical and financial reports
- travel as required for the purposes of the project
- make links between the projects and the relevant Eurocities working groups
- support project development in the area of mobility in cooperation with the senior project
- coordinator and the projects & knowledge sharing director.
- at least 6 to 7 years of relevant work experience
- a background in transport and mobility (academic and/or through professional experience)
- at least 3 years of work experience in the field of EU-funded project management
- in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of mobility policies at EU level in the scope of the project
- experience in writing project proposals
- experience in translating project work into policy recommendations
- fluent in English, and write clear and concise reports in English
- experience in event management
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- experience of working with local and city governments or public sector partners
- other languages
What We Offer
- an open ended contract starting in May 2021, linked to the length of the projects
- a full-time position that will be carried out at Eurocities’ office in Brussels. However, due to strict measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, you will be asked to telework initially
- salary according to profile and experience
- training opportunities
The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address).
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to online trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.