Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
What You're Gonna Do
You will play a design role within the Urban Design Team and contribute to the development of several projects, like Merwede Kanaalzone and Antwerpen multimodal hubs. Within these projects you will be working with other Arup urban designers, planners, data analysts and engineers.
Arup’s Cities Energy Transition and Transport Planning Team delivers an integrated approach and sustainable solutions to the design of cities and complex urban environments. We are a team of urban designers, data analysts, planners and energy and transport experts based in Amsterdam and working on a variety of projects. We are differentiated from our competitors by our ability to combine design and technical skills to solve particularly complex or unusual problems and help our clients to create an integrated vision with a full commitment to develop successful and sustainable urban places.
As urban designers we work on a range of district, city and regional scale projects in the Netherlands, moving between strategic and conceptual ideas, thorough data analysis and monitoring, to preliminary design. We work in small, design led project teams in collaboration with our multidisciplinary colleagues.
You can identify yourself with our values and you want to collaborate with us in shaping a better world with iconic and innovative projects. To maintain Arup’s high quality standards we are looking for candidates who meet the following minimum criteria:
- An architectural and/ or urban design Masters with subscription in the Architectenregister (or starting/ having started with the Beroepservaringsperiode).
- Experience working (2-3 years) in a high-quality design focussed practice is a plus
- An ability to develop and refine design concepts
- A keen interest in large scale urban projects and data analysis
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Dutch (C1 level)
- You are a team player and you are an ambassador for our company
- Excellent CAD skills (AutoCAD) including 3D modelling and parametric design (Rhino/ Grasshopper)
- Outstanding graphic skills including hand drawings and diagrams, plans and images using in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Additional skills in Python scripting, GIS, Revit and advanced visualisation are desirable.
What We Offer
We offer you a job in a multicultural and informal international working environment with excellent colleagues. Arup is a place where creativity, innovation and exciting technical challenges are always possible; we are part of a team that enjoys what they do, embracing a unique culture. As a global firm we can develop careers in the Netherlands or abroad through international assignments, and our commitment to training and development is fundamental to ensure we continue to develop our staff and look to the future requirements of our clients. We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate
Secondary conditions include:
- Employees at Arup are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
- At our Arup university you will be enabled to increase your skills and knowledge
- Short, long or educational assignments at Arup’s offices and projects anywhere in the world.
Find out more
For more information about this vacancy please contact John Meijdam, recruitment business partner at Arup in The Netherlands, by telephone: +31 6 52473072 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
How to apply
Got excited and want to apply? Please use the ‘apply’ button to upload your cv and letter of motivation (English only) into the Arup application portal on our website www.arup.com/careers
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.