We are an innovation hub working in the intersection of design, technology and research to shape the future of living. Spatial Experience brings creativity and innovation to emerging real estate sectors with one goal in mind: designing purposeful spaces that enable human-to-human interactions, both online and offline.
We bring Creativity and Innovation to Emerging Real Estate Sectors through meaningful Spatial Experiences.
About the Role
This position is critical in setting the new operational standards for Spatial Experience in its growth and expansion phase.
We are looking for someone to help to form a world-class and top-notch team in Europe that consistently exceeds business targets. You will be introduced to our methodology, concept, brands & products.
Spatial Experience is characterised by delivering high quality results and growth driven solutions & products. Our track record and company quality stamp is a result of ambition, determination and the work of detail oriented professionals. To propel and expand our business, we are seeking for an experienced Operations Manager to oversee daily activities as well as juxtapose them with our business strategy. As an ideal candidate you have a business oriented mindset, proven success in managing multidisciplinary teams and the determination to grow in efficiency while encouraging individual talents to expand their capabilities. We are looking for a dedicated professional who is also passionate about creative business operations, marketing & sales and eager to take on challenges.
As an Operations Manager you will be responsible to design, implement and manage operations strategies as well as proactively contribute to setting objectives and reaching targets by making sure the company is performing to its best potential.
The professional to join us in this journey should possess a desire to grow alongside the company and keep utmost motivation to overcome any possible challenge.
What You're Gonna Do
- Design, optimise, implement and execute operational strategy for business growth
- Develop, set up and implement efficient and scalable operating systems, processes and procedures to increase business performance
- Enhance existing organisational workflows, team management and productivity
- Grow the efficiency of business processes & organisational procedures to sustain and improve the company’s internal capacity
- Communicate and execute all operating policies, facilitate and enhance cross-department collaboration
- Be responsible for workflows optimisation, automation and digitalisation of project management
- Support process simplification
- Manage transformation into enhanced processes and successfully implement new systems
- Actively pursue strategic, growth driven and operational objectives
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Set policies, procedures and systems as well as follow through with implementation
- Work closely with CEO and Management team to translate the vision and mission of the company to every-day operations
- Work closely with Management team, legal counsel and accounting partners to make sure business activities remain compliant
- Lead, motivate, and support team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports and problem resolution
- Maintain constant communication with CEO, Management team, employees, interns and external colleagues/partners to ensure proper operations of the business
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees and interns
- Collaborate with different teams internally and externally (e.g. partners) in improving the proprietary tools and systems
- Track staffing requirements and lead hiring process of new employees
- Track suppliers/freelancers deliverables, quality & service levels and project budgets
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
- Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to upper management
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable per employee and department to ensure record accuracy
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve efficiency & productivity targets, reduce cost, eliminate errors, deliver excellent results and foster hassle-free clients’ experience
- Track ongoing business activities and manage resources
- Prepare weekly / monthly activity and status reports
- Set up projects, define and assign tasks, oversee project workflows, ensure that projects are completed on time and within the budget
- Support teams in defining priorities, delegating tasks, tracking the project progress
- Facilitate team executional growth by setting up, measuring and reporting KPIs
- Manage employees’ contractual obligations, job profiles and expectations versus ROI on the Human Resources
- Be responsible for meeting business goals and delivering desired results / ROI on projects
- Support in preparing project proposals, estimates and scope-of-work documents
- Communicate client/partner issues with team and devise ways of improving the client/partner experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Ensure office equipment is up-to-date working effectively and office set-up facilitates the most productive environment
- Oversee hardware, software, materials and inventory management
- Update job knowledge by participating in industry events, educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks to stay up-to-day with business dynamics
- Interest and proactive engagement in the real estate, hospitality and creative industry
Desired Skills Set
- Strong analytical skills
- Organised, methodical
- Good sense of business priorities, strategic thinking
- Hands-on attitude, do-a-lot-with-a-little mentality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with people and communicate clearly in a technical and non-technical way
- You like working in a team but are also comfortable to work on your own, taking leadership when needed, delegate, manage and organize the team to ensure a healthy and profitable work environment
- You are able to make deliberate decisions and pro-actively participate in business negotiations and budget development meetings
- You can adapt quickly to situations and circumstances
- Cultural awareness; to work with people from various backgrounds and contact clients from different countries
- Bachelor or Master degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, International Business or other relevant
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an operations-oriented position
- High performance business leadership with an exceptional aptitude for successfully driving ambitious business operations activities
- Reliable work habits, constant performance
- Creativity in working the opportunities
- A can-do and agile attitude necessary to thrive in a fast moving start-up / scale-up environment
- Ability to work independently
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Experience with project management methodologies, systems and organisational change implementation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organisational control of team operations and client service
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes
- Knowledge of business operations software and aptitude to learn new applications
Would be a plus
- Experience in the real estate and/or hospitality industry
- A network of contacts in the real estate and hospitality industry
- Other language skills, f.e. fluent spoken and written Dutch
- Completed courses in human resources and project management
What We Offer
What we offer
Our office is located close to the centre of Amsterdam in a developing and upcoming area. You will get the chance to meet interesting people, work in an interdisciplinary team and develop your skills while collaborating and participating in meaningful projects. We like to keep it serious-fun and positive.
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive salary (for relevant experience record) and the opportunity to earn a performance bonus / success fee.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.