For more than ten years, the URBACT programme has been the European Territorial Cooperation programme aiming to foster sustainable integrated urban development in cities across Europe. It is an instrument of the Cohesion Policy, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund, the 28 Member States, Norway & Switzerland.
URBACT’s mission is to enable cities to work together and develop integrated solutions to common urban challenges, by networking, learning from one another’s experiences, drawing lessons and identifying good practices to improve urban policies.
About the Role
The Joint Secretariat (JS) of the URBACT III programme is recruiting an Events Officer. This is a new temporary (15 months) position within the Capitalisation & Communication unit.
The current vacancy is a temporary support due to a peak of activity notably for programme events. The person will work under the supervision of the Head of Unit, and in close cooperation with other colleagues to deliver several major events, in particular:
- A ‘training’ style event (summer university-style) for 500 participants, mainly city and local partners of URBACT financing. This event will take place early 2022, in mainly digital format
- A large public communication event, URBACT City Festival, for at least 500 participants. This open event will share the results of URBACT III networks and launch the URBACT IV programme. This event is part of the official events of the French Presidency of the EU 2022. The event will take place in June 2022, provisionally in-person.
Qualifications & experience
- A degree in a field relevant to URBACT communication activities or in a domain pertinent for the position
- Confirmed experience in organizing large-scale events, preferably in an international environment
- Experience using online meeting tools for professional purposes
- Project management experience, coordinating external suppliers
- Experience in another EU programme would be an advantage, as well as knowledge of EU communication rules, EU institutions
Skills and abilities
- Fluency in English and French (both written and spoken); other EU languages appreciated.
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written);
- Excellent event project management skills
- Knowledge of traditional and digital communication tools
- Basic graphic design skills (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and ability to produce in- house graphics a plus;
- Capacity to effectively interact with a multiplicity of stakeholders including policy makers, senior civil servants and service providers;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and work well with others in a fast-paced environment. Should be able to organise and prioritise own work with limited supervision;
- Attention to details;
- Available for frequent travels across Europe, subject to public health restrictions.
What We Offer
This position is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The employment is foreseen on a full-time basis. The salary shall be fixed according to the professional experience of the candidate starting from €2,800 gross per month.
Working at the Joint Secretariat should start in June 2021. The contract is a fixed-term contract. The trial period duration is one month.
The working place will be Paris (France)
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications in English, including a Curriculum Vitae (Europass format), and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience, what motivates them for the job and first considerations for organising a large-scale training event online.
Supporting documents such as diplomas or references might be requested on demand.
Applications should be sent by email to Nuala Morgan, Head of Unit – Capitalisation and Communication firstname.lastname@example.org and Thierry Picquart, Head of Unit – Administration and Coordination email@example.com
Applications closing date and recruitment process
- Closing date for applications: 6th May 2021 midnight (CET).
The URBACT Secretariat reserves the right to close the recruitment process before the deadline depending on the applications received.
- Online and/or face-to-face interviews will be organised with short-listed candidates.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.