EDF Group, leader in the European energy market, is an integrated energy company operating throughout the value chain of the energy business: generation, transmission, distribution, energy supply and trading.
Through its consultancy start-up, Urbanomy, EDF is aiming at speeding up innovation for tomorrow’s cities and those who build them - for instance with innovations in energy efficiency in buildings, in new low carbon uses of energy, smart grids, renewable energy, electric mobility and batteries.
Urbanomy is pursuing its development in the United Kingdom and is therefore looking for a UK-based Business Consultant with a strong interest for the fields of real estate and future cities, including a wide range of related fields (e.g. energy network, building design, e.mobility, livability, etc.).
About the Role
Urbanomy’s current team is made up of 3 co-founders, acting as CEO (Paris), to whom you will report, CTO & Partnerships (London) and CMO (Paris), a UK Business Developer (London) and an Engineering Consultant (London), a Business Consultant (Paris), a Germany Business Developer (Berlin), a Junior Business Developer (Berlin).
We are now looking for a passionate and dynamic Business Consultant, eager for a new challenge, to support our commercial development in the UK and build reliable partnerships, in a strong start-up culture.
You will be in charge of prospecting new customers and developing customers’ portfolio, and, once a contract is signed, to manage the project and get involved in the delivery of technical, economic, strategic and environmental recommendations. You will have a strong knowledge of the urban planning stages and expectations.
What You're Gonna Do
You will support business development and prospection, mainly through:
- Feeding deal flow with prospects and projects (meetings, customer relationship, support);
- Delivering proposals for clients and attending pre-sale and sale meetings;
- Dedicated market analysis on competition, customers segments and on pricing;
- Supporting in building an offer adapted to our customer’s needs;
- Finding local and long-term partners, implementing and maintaining partnerships;
- Contributing to the creation of the marketing and communication documents dedicated to the UK market in close relationship with Urbanomy’s CMO;
- You will ensure visibility and attractiveness of Urbanomy and represent the company externally as well as for employee advocacy through taking part in forums, congresses, or EDF internal communication events.
You will manage projects for customers, including:
- Management of internal and external contributors to projects in accordance to plan and expected deliverables;
- Ensuring an appropriate operational customer relationship and customer satisfaction;
- Producing deliverables on time and on budget;
- Collecting the customer’s feedbacks and draw lessons from the project.
DELIVERY OF CONSULTANCY
You will contribute to the delivery of consultancy for customers in collaboration with Urbanomy’s team, including:
- Organise and run workshops with customers to identify needs;
- Coordinate and deliver strategic, economic and technical analysis mixing urban architecture and new techs regarding energy and mobility innovations and services, quality of life and environmental
- Design of strategic vision for urban development and new business models;
- Steer and challenge contributions from internal and external parties, such as EDF R&D contributors, EDF subsidiaries’ contributors, partners on the project.
- Master’s degree in engineering (civil/energy/electrical/mechanical), with a specialisation in smart cities, urban development and/or architecture would be appreciated
- Previous successful experience in an engineering consultancy, real estate developer or real estate investment company. Good understanding of UK real estate, planning process and urban environment, with a proven network in these sectors.
- Proven successful experience of lead generation in the sector of real estate
- Proven project management capabilities through a minimum of 5-year experience
- Strong understanding of the Energy sector and UK energy system
- Great interpersonal skills, you can adapt to varied and challenging environments and manage numerous projects
- A passion for smart new technologies, sustainable cities
- A drive for innovation and start-up environment
- Strong capability to understand complex problematics
- Adaptability and capabilities to work in an international environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, visualisation of concepts) in English. Successful in elaborating a critical vision of stakes and communicate convincingly. Command of French, German or Arabic language is a plus
What We Offer
- Working Location
Offices based in EDF Office at Interchange Building in Croydon, London for weekly team gatherings.
- Type of contract and requirements:
Full-time permanent contract. If made possible in the current pandemic context, frequent travel is to be expected (on a weekly basis). Candidates must hold a valid passport.
- Job availability:
As soon as possible.
- Application process:
By email to email@example.com (resume + cover letter)
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.