The Class of 2020 Foundation is a partner-based non-profit organization with a simple goal: to further the professionalism and knowledge of student housing in Europe and beyond. Established in 2011, the Class of 2020 is now the largest European Student Housing platform open to anyone and everyone. Our small and flexible team operates out of Amsterdam.
Our vision is for cities to attract and retain the brightest young minds, and for them to lead the way to social and economic success in return. Together with our industry-leading community, we set out to rethink the places where students live, work, and learn.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Research Intern; a true data wizard who is able to effectively compile and analyse data. Our team is currently working remotely, but we would like you to be in the Netherlands as we still have bi-weekly face-to-face meetings.
- Job title: Research Intern
- Hours per week: 24-40 hrs
- Compensation: 500 euros monthly if working 40 hrs per week
- Location: The Netherlands, meetings are in Amsterdam
- Contract: 6 months, but can be less
- Start date: as soon as possible
The Class Foundation
As higher education is becoming increasingly global, the way in which universities, cities, and countries attract and retain talent is evolving. Our foundation connects the communities of student housing, higher education, and city development. We do this by developing and spreading knowledge through research projects, publications, and organised events.
We have a four-person team including Frank Uffen our Co-Founder, Manoel Pereira Neto our Head of Partnership & Development, Eveline Zoutewelle our Head of Marketing & Communication, and Kelly-anne Watson our Head of Programme Curation. Kelly-anne will be your internship supervisor though you will work closely with the entire team.
What You're Gonna Do
Ideally, you’re someone who can compile research, filter out the relevant bits, analyse it, and present it back to the team. Your main tasks will be to:
- Research student housing developments and trends in Europe
- Gather and analyse event data – attendees, engagement, reach
- Monitor overall landscape and industry
- Assist our team during events and other initiatives – all hands on deck type of team!
We believe the below traits are useful to have for this position, though we do realise you may not tick all the boxes. For us the most important is that you are enthusiastic about our organisation, the sector, and you’re good with data.
- Ability to compile, filter, and present data
- Affinity with the real estate and/or higher education sector
- Attention to detail and thorough
- Ability to self-motivate – as we are mainly working remotely. Though we will be just a (video) call away if you need us.
What We Offer
Currently enrolled in a Dutch university (either BA or MA) and fluent in English, both spoken and written. Knowledge of another European language would be an advantage.
500 euros per month if working 40 hrs a week
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.