REN21 is the only global renewable energy community of actors from science, governments, NGOs and industry. Our goal: enable decision-makers to make the transition to renewable energy happen – now.
About the Role
REN21 is seeking a full-time, permanent Project Manager and Analyst to join the REN21 Secretariat in Paris, to start as soon as possible. Working as part of the Research team and in collaboration with the Communications and Community team, the Project Manager and Analyst is primarily responsible for producing the Renewables Global Status Report (GSR) and supporting the production of the Renewables in Cities Global Status Report (REC).
What You're Gonna Do
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Chief Operating Officer the Project Manager
and Analyst will:
▪ Project management and research coordination: Work collaboratively in the research team
to primarily manage the production of the GSR and to support the REC:
o Coordinate production of specific GSR chapters with authors and advisors, including
facilitating collaboration between authors, special advisors, and contributors;
developing chapter outlines; identifying/incorporating trends; carrying out critical
review of texts, figures, tables, and additional chapter contents, etc;
o Participate in the day-to-day management of the GSR production process, including
setting and monitoring of milestones, timeline, etc;
o Research and analysis: identify research needs; coordinate REN21’s internal
research; manage data collection (surveys, interviews, etc.);
o Identify new contributors, experts, multipliers, and strategic partners particularly in
the finance sector; support the development of the REN21 expert community on
renewable energy finance and investment;
▪ REN21 data and analysis:
o Participate in defining and further developing REN21’s renewable energy reporting;
integrate renewable energy indicators in finance and investment into REN21’s data
collection process (data collection questionnaires) and databases; contribute to the
management of REN21 databases;
o Undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis of finance and investment as well as
energy sector issues for inclusion in REN21 publications, especially the GSR, the REC
as well as other REN21 reports;
o Support REN21’s knowledge-based outreach and communication;
▪ Interact with REN21 partners (IEA, IRENA, World Bank, industry associations, NGOs, regional
renewable energy and energy efficiency centres, etc.) on renewable energy research and
▪ Present REN21 reports and products at events, conferences, workshops, etc; and
▪ Work on other projects or assignments as needed.
The ideal Project Manager and Analyst is a reliable team player who can perform regular duties, but
also enterprising and creative self-starter who can offer up new ideas or content.
We therefore require:
▪ Minimum 5 years’ experience in analysis and research, preferably within an energy context
▪ Work experience in finance, in investment or in economy; experience in the private sector or
in relation to developing and/or emerging economy country issues is a plus
▪ Strong organizational skills with outstanding attention to detail. Ability to meet deadlines
and effectively handle a variety of time-sensitive tasks and competing priorities with minimal
▪ High level of strategic thinking, personal initiative and innovation. Ability to anticipate
project needs and develop creative solutions quickly.
▪ Creativity, solid analytical approach, autonomy and the courage to present new ideas, and
interested in challenging existing boundaries and processes.
▪ Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and work with research and outreach teams.
In addition, we require:
▪ Advanced university degree(s) in a relevant discipline, such as economics, finance, business
or similar, preferably with an energy specialisation. (Master’s Degree/ “Bac+5” minimum)
▪ Excellent written and spoken English and proven experience drafting reports in English; other
languages are a valuable asset
▪ Good knowledge of data management and analysis
▪ Excellent level of computer literacy: fluency in Microsoft Office is critical; expertise in the use
of databases is a plus
▪ An interest in renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy access, general energy issues,
sustainable development, or environmental and social challenges
▪ The legal right to work in France
What We Offer
market-based under French labour law. All REN21 staff are currently working remotely during the
COVID-19 pandemic, however office presence will be required once French government restrictions
have been lifted.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.