REN21 is the only global renewable energy community of actors from science, governments, NGOs and industry. Our goal: enable decision-makers to make the transition to renewable energy happen – now.
About the Role
REN21 is seeking an intern to support the production process of the Global Futures Report (GFR).
Previous editions of this report were published in 2013 and 2017.
The success of the report depends largely on input provided by our community of international experts. You will help manage communications with the network, build up the network, and support the report process. Your work on data collection and review processes will be crucial. You will also provide research support and help with community building
What You're Gonna Do
Under the supervision of the GFR Project Manager, the intern will:
- Support REN21 in its community management, outreach and research activities, including:
Liaising with existing experts, and identifying and reaching out to new experts;
Ensuring expert input during data collection and review processes;
Managing email campaigns and facilitating regular communication with the community.
- Carry out data management and analysis for the GFR (and potentially other REN21
- Support managing and maintaining online platforms for data collection (website and
- Support the GFR production process in general
- Carry out occasional research support as needed
- Assist the REN21 Secretariat as needed
The applicant must have critical skills such as creativity, solid analytical approach, autonomy, the courage to present ideas. The applicant should have an interest in community building and in the link between renewable energy and transport. The ability to work in a fast-paced, international environment and innate curiosity are also desired.
The applicant must:
- Already have the legal right to work in France or have EU citizenship
- Be enrolled in an academic institution during the duration of the internship
In addition, we require:
- An academic background in energy/environment, transport, urban planning, engineering,
social science, economics, sustainability or similar (minimum: have obtained a bachelor’s
degree or equivalent)
- Familiarity with community management, outreach, large email campaigns; experience
communicating with a diverse, international audience
- Ability to present material clearly with attention to detail
- Good knowledge of data management and analysis
- An interest in renewable energy and the transport sector
- Excellent written and spoken English; other languages are an asset
- IT skills and interest: fluency in Excel is critical; competency in Word and PowerPoint;
- knowledge of WordPress is a plus
What We Offer
We are a small, dynamic team dedicated to the rapid uptake of renewables. We are based in Paris, work in English, and come from around the world. While each team member has a key set of responsibilities, we work collectively to make the shift to renewables happen – now. Salaries are market-based under French labour law. All REN21 staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic; however, office presence will be required once French government restrictions have been lifted.
▪ Full time with 2 vacation days/month in addition to French national holidays
▪ Stipend: EUR 800/month
▪ The internship will start in June/July 2021
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.