Rupprecht Consult - Forschung & Beratung GmbH is a fully independent private research and consultancy company, mainly working on sustainability in the fields of urban and transport development, environment, information technologies and innovations to society. Our company is based in Cologne. We have developed and managed major European projects in our areas of interest.
About the Role
Mobility expert with a strong background in Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS)
(as a junior consultant or as a trainee)
This position is targeted at a young professional with a strong motivation to work towards sustainable urban mobility and to get involved in international cooperation projects. Our expectation is that you either have first working experience (for our junior post) or you have recently received your University degree and want to enrol in our trainee programme.
What You're Gonna Do
Your tasks will be to help develop and manage research projects (e.g. proposals seeking European Union funding) and to participate in consulting tasks in the area of sustainable urban mobility. You will work in cooperation with team members with other professional backgrounds and in multidisciplinary consortia. Our senior consultants will support you to develop your skills further through "training on the job" in a friendly team and in a stimulating international context. We are a fully digital company, with flexible work hours and remote working arrangements. In some of our activities we currently adopt agile work methods and we encourage the active involvement of our staff in further developing our portfolio.
Your background ideally includes some of the following aspects:
- Traffic management and operation of collective mobility services
- Traffic simulation and modelling
- Infrastructure planning and development
- Electric mobility solutions (vehicle or infrastructure)
- Planning and operation of (shared) automated mobility services
- Management of freight delivery and logistics solutions
- Data science, e.g. use of “big data” for operation and planning
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning
- IT skills in Microsoft SharePoint/ Teams and office environment (to support our internal knowledge management and user support activities together with a colleague).
As you will be working in projects in Germany and internationally, you need to speak and write English and German at an advanced level, knowledge of other languages is very welcome.
What We Offer
Please send your application by 6 July 2021 to info[at]rupprecht-consult.eu.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.