COMPLEX QUESTIONS. POWERFUL ANSWERS.
Formerly called Steer Davies Gleave, we are a global business consultancy that combines commercial, economic, technical and planning expertise to find powerful answers to our clients’ complex challenges. Answers that help people, places and economies thrive.
Founded in 1978, we are a firm of specialists – strategists, researchers, analysts, economists, planners, designers, engineers and technologists – based in 21 offices across four continents.
Steer is employee-owned, enabling us to provide impartial, objective and result-driven advice that helps our clients maximise opportunity and realise value in an ever-changing landscape.
About the Role
We are Steer and we help people, places and economies thrive. Founded in 1978, Steer is a global business consultancy specializing in transportation, cities and infrastructure, with over 450 staff in 20 offices around the world.
We have an enduring commitment to generate success for our clients, for ourselves and in the communities in which we work. A commitment that helps improve infrastructure, cites and transport, and ultimately the way people live, work and travel.
At Steer we are motivated by solving the complex problems that our North America and international clients face. Serving both the public and private sectors, we aspire to provide clients with the insight to make sound decisions and significant progress in what is often a complex planning and operating environment.
What You're Gonna Do
Work in complex transportation analytical tasks using a range of technical tools, including but not limited to STATA, SPSS, Python, R and SQL
Manage multidisciplinary teams during the execution of projects;
Work collaboratively with colleagues across the business to provide high-quality consulting and differentiated services to our clients;
Supervise and mentor junior members across Steer;
Provide training and sharing knowledge with the team; and
Contribute to effective project performance on both financial and behavioral measures.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate that they meet several of the qualifications below:
- Relevant experience in project management, and be able to manage medium-large size projects effectively, to deliver high quality results on time and within agreed budgets
- Demonstrable knowledge of the new mobility sector, including:
– Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
– Electric Vehicles
– Autonomous technology
- Verifiable understanding of the public policy context and procurement support for new mobility by working with public sector clients in this space previously
- Private sector client experience
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with clients and potential clients, and assist in the development of the business in the US and Canada
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Numerate, with an ability to develop analytical frameworks including data modelling, forecasting and impact analysis
- Preferably with experience using statistical and GIS software
- Good industry contacts with providers of new mobility services
- An existing right to work in the United States and/or Canada; and
- Proficiency in languages of other countries where Steer conducts business (especially Spanish or French), would be advantageous but are not required.
Demonstrable knowledge of the new mobility sector, including:
Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
Verifiable understanding of the public policy context and procurement support for new mobility by working with public sector clients in this space previously
Private sector client experience
Ability to develop effective working relationships with clients and potential clients, and assist in the development of the business in the US and Canada
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Numerate, with an ability to develop analytical frameworks including data modelling, forecasting and impact analysis
Preferably with experience using statistical and GIS software
Good industry contacts with providers of new mobility services
An existing right to work in the United States and/or Canada; and
Proficiency in languages of other countries where Steer conducts business (especially Spanish or French), would be advantageous but are not required.
What We Offer
We are looking for an experienced individual who brings new mobility expertise and project management skills, to help grow our North America market.
We are interested in candidates with a minimum of 3 years of specific experience working on emerging technology (e.g. microtransit, rideshare, drones, autonomous vehicles, MaaS), electric mobility and/or shared mobility projects (e.g. micromobility, carsharing) for public and private clients in the transportation industry. You will have experience managing diverse analytical teams, finding solutions to various challenges and preparing market analysis, economic and impact analysis, implementation plans for a range of projects size and clients. Involvement in business development activities and pursuing new and exciting opportunities will also be an important aspect of the role. Strong technical writing and presenting skills are critical to the success of this position.
We will provide support to guide your progress and provide business and technical training to support your career development. You will also have an opportunity to develop innovative solutions and grow our business.
This job is available for international candidates.