At the Future Cities Catapult, our mission is to help UK firms develop innovative products and services to meet the changing needs of cities, and to sell them to the world. In doing so, we will support the emerging Advanced Urban Services sector in becoming an enabler of national productivity and a central plank of the UK economy.
About the Role
The essence of this role is to successfully lead and deliver an ambitious Housing Programme for Future Cities Catapult. Housing has been identified as one of the market areas with high potential for creative disruption to support the efficient delivery of homes and unlock commercial opportunities for UK firms, nationally and internationally.
The role requires the vision and ability to work with partners and stakeholders across government, the housing industry and innovators from end-to-end, to position Future Cities Catapult as a key player and thought leader of innovative advancement in house planning, development and delivery. The ideal candidate will have a proven content and context knowledge in housing, and will have experience in two or more of the following: Housing Provider; Central/Local Government; Construction Company; Architectural/Urban Design; Technology Company; Housing Related Charity. The role will require some travel nationally and internationally.
What You're Gonna Do
- Lead and deliver an ambitious Housing Programme for Future Cities Catapult. Working with the Director of New Market Opportunities to shape and refine the housing programme.
- Cultivate lasting relationships with high-profile stakeholders, including central government, city leaders, housing developers, charities/NGO’s, city officials and corporate clients from a variety of industries looking to innovate in the housing space.
- Lead the development of project and programme planning and proposals in collaboration with external clients and internal project teams.
- Help recruit and line manage direct reports as the portfolio of projects and Catapult structures evolve, currently you will be the sole representative of this team. You’ll provide excellent front line management to the housing team, including setting programme objectives, providing performance feedback and mentoring. You will also work with teams that will be drawn from other disciplines across the organisation.
- Create strategies to develop short and long-term commercial and collaborative research & development revenue streams.
- Working across the organisation to maximise colleagues expertise and strengths like market analysis, standards, academic engagement, data science, demonstrators, insight and design, comms, and others.
- Deliver policy papers, thought pieces and blogs and a Housing Tech Event
- Represent the organisation at networking and conference events, showcasing our programme and projects.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the housing market and see opportunities for change and advancement.
- Experience of shaping, leading and delivering a high profile programme.
- Ability to develop and secure commercial and CR&D opportunities.
- A track record of working with, and influencing public and private sector stakeholders.
- Ability to build new relations and networks in a professional environment.
- Hold excellent and confident interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to portray a strong professional image, as well as an outgoing, motivated and proactive approach.
- Hold a strong team ethic and integrity, with the ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people.
- Have effective and efficient organisational skills, including project and time management.
- Be able to simplify complex issues.
- Able to take difficult decisions and respond constructively to pressure.
- Share learning and expertise across and beyond the organisation.
- 5+ years' experience of working within a similar position.
What We Offer
- This is A 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- This role does not currently have a team due to it evolving so you will be drawn to working with teams across various disciplines.
This job is available for international candidates.