Sidewalk Labs is an urban innovation company that tackles cities' greatest challenges. We create products and solutions, invest in new companies, and help developers build more sustainable, innovative, and equitable places around the world. Our ambitious vision requires us to push ourselves beyond conventional thinking, and we work hard in pursuit of our mission. Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts from real estate, urban planning, government, finance, technology, and engineering, among other backgrounds.
Our urban innovations include Delve (a generative design product that empowers real estate teams to design better, faster, with less risk), Mesa (an easy-install kit for commercial buildings that cuts energy costs, improves tenant comfort, and simplifies building operations), Pebble (a low-cost vehicle sensor to help manage parking and curb space), and Affordable Electrification (a new way to manage home energy use to meet a customer’s monthly budget). We're also developing an offsite construction company that can deliver high-quality mass timber buildings for more sustainable living and working.
With the potential to radically improve quality of life in cities for all, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something unprecedented — help us build it!
About the Role
We can't tackle this mission without strong, organizational support for our team members. The person in this role is a critical part of keeping the office running smoothly and efficiently. As our Executive Assistant, you will be challenged and stretched as you help drive the organization forward. You will be supporting one senior executive, our General Counsel, Ray Mercedes, as well as assisting the overall office with administrative tasks.
What You're Gonna Do
What you have to achieve:
Within your first month, you have built a strong professional and personal relationship with your manager and colleagues. You have developed a sense of timing and agenda needs for at least two of our executives and have taken ownership over making decisions on their behalf.
- You’ve mastered daily calendaring and conference-room booking, and you can execute any adjustment or schedule change at the drop of a hat.
- You can coordinate complex meetings with multiple groups across locations and teams.
- You know what is important, what isn’t, and how to triage.
- You’re a source of knowledge — an expert at making sure things happen as they should, whether that is preparing your managers for meetings, printing materials, or setting up audio/video conferences.
- You’re running travel arrangements for your manager and coordinating all logistics (air travel, rental car, hotels).
- You wrangle the team to execute monthly expense reporting — on time.
By the end of month three, you will know the office flow and how to prioritize calendars, tasks, and projects for your managers. From there, your role will continue to evolve. As we grow, you may take on more responsibilities (such as events or recruiting), and you will always have the opportunity to help build upon projects that interest you.
This is a challenging, busy, and varied role that will suit an experienced Executive Assistant. You are detail-oriented and thrive on being extremely organized. You are comfortable with heavy calendar management and high-volume meeting arrangements. Over-communication and proactive thinking is an asset in this role. You have a good read on people and situations. You can build strong relationships quickly, both with your managers and their counterparts.
What we expect:
- Previous Executive Assistant experience supporting high-level executives
- Advanced Proficiency of G Suite (GMail, Google Calendar, Google Docs) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- The ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively
- Team player
- Tact and good judgment
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Attitude that no job is too small and no task too daunting
We are very excited to hear from you.
What We Offer
Sidewalk Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from underrepresented communities. Even if you are not 100% sure you are right for the role, please apply and we will be happy to consider your application. All employment is based on merit and business need, and we respond to each application we receive.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.