MVRDV was set up in 1993 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands by Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries. MVRDV engages globally in providing solutions to contemporary architectural and urban issues. A research based and highly collaborative design method engages experts from all fields, clients and stakeholders in the creative process. The results are exemplary and outspoken buildings, urban plans, studies and objects, which enable our cities and landscapes to develop towards a better future.
About the Role
MVRDV invites qualified candidates currently studying architecture or urbanism to apply for the position of Architecture or Urbanism Intern. We are looking for creative and innovative candidates with a vision reflecting our work.
- Excellent design and CAD skills
- Knowledge of the Adobe suite and 2D and 3D rendering skills. (please state your level of skill with each software package in your application)
- Stress resistant
- Able to work in international teams
- Written evidence of enrollment in a university or academy
- Fluent in English
- Candidates fluent in one of the following languages will be favored: Mandarin, French, German, Dutch/Flemish
- Candidates from inside the EU require a study or exchange visa
- Candidates from outside the EU should arrange their own visas and working permits
- Availability for the duration of six months or a year.
What We Offer
A highly dynamic, internationally orientated and creative office with many enthusiastic colleagues that work on projects on different scales all over the world. The education process is varied and intensive. At MVRDV, interns are part of the design team and develop new skills on many levels, from the design process to model making and presentations. Candidates receive a basic monthly stipend as a compensation.
Rotterdam is a relatively affordable city that can be traveled entirely by bicycle. Frequent events in art, film, design and architecture are organized boosting the city’s architectural activities. Interns usually meet with other interns, architects and students and enter the city’s buzzing social life easily.
MVRDV is currently hiring interns to start March 1st 2019. The internship will end on July 31st 2019.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.