Spacehive empowers people to shape their towns and cities by crowdfunding projects that make local places better – from street murals to hanging gardens on old railway lines and bustling street markets.
About the Role
Spacehive is a crowdfunding platform for ideas that bring local places to life: everything from converting phone boxes into community libraries, cultivating pop-up gardens, to creating amazing street art and starting a street market. We want to make it easy for people to improve their local area.
As a socially minded business, our innovative approach combines technology and specialised support, empowering communities to create projects which matter to them. As market disruptors, we’re re-imagining how people can transform the places they live. We have the highest success rate of any UK crowdfunding platform and are constantly striving to do things better. Over £20 million has been raised on our platform and counting.
Our users, and their endlessly imaginative ideas, are the magic at the heart of our business. But the idea of using crowdfunding to make places better can be a challenge to people, particularly those dabbling in local change-making for the first time. We’re determined to ensure that everyone receives the high quality, personable support they need to help them transform where they live - and help us in our mission to transform the fabric of communities everywhere.
What You're Gonna Do
We’re looking for a new Project Support specialist who is passionate about community empowerment and delivering exceptional service. We’re a small team, so in time you’ll be given the opportunity to make the role your own, but your core responsibilities will be to:
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support our project creators and their backers on their journey using our platform
- Provide expert crowdfunding advice, helping people to plan and run their campaigns
- Communicate via email and phone to users in a clear, eloquent and friendly way
- Continuously review the support function & internal operations; finding and implementing ways to make efficiency gains whilst improving the quality of our users’ experience
- Continuous maintenance of our Help Centre, creating useful guides and video tutorials.
- Lead online workshops to educate and inspire new and existing project creators.
- Investigate, resolve, escalate, and report potential issues raised by users.
- Work with our product team, taking user insights and creative ideas to feed into our product development roadmap.
- Manage the payment collection & refund process, ensuring projects receive their money on time & resolving finance-related disputes.
- An eager learner who will quickly absorb knowledge and become a Spacehive crowdfunding expert.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, displaying empathy, politeness and patience with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to interpret user feedback to identify opportunities to improve the Spacehive platform.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills to deal with high numbers of users and responsibilities simultaneously.
- A keen eye for detail and confidence working with numbers.
- Confident yet humble team player who would relish being part of a plucky social enterprise, feel comfortable working under pressure and be willing to get stuck in.
- Driven and proactive, who’ll work to achieve and exceed personal and company targets
- Proud to support our fantastically diverse mix of users
We’ll be extra impressed if you can demonstrate:
- Data analysis skills
- Experience of working with a CRM tool (we use Zendesk, so any experience with this would be nice, but not essential)
- Experience working directly with developers/tech teams
- Diverse copywriting skills
- Charisma, confidence and an ability to inspire others with your presenting and communication skills.
We’re looking for someone with at least a year's experience in a customer-facing role delivering exceptional service in any capacity. We don’t necessarily need someone with lots of experience, but our user base appreciates Spacehive for the people behind the platform, so it’s important that you’re able to demonstrate a passion for providing exceptional service and proactively seeking ways to improve the processes that lie behind it.
Ideally you’ll have a background which allows you to understand and empathise with our diverse range of users.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
What We Offer
- 26 working days holiday
- Workplace Pension
- Flexible WFH/Office arrangement
- A sociable tight-knit team working together to deliver the company mission
- EMI share options
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.