Our vision is to build smart and human-centred cities for a sustainable future. With over 30 years of experience and a network of multiple companies specialised across the verticals of planning, product, software and service, we focus on that vision.
Our team is characterised by motivated and highly qualified, as well as professionally experienced and recognized engineers. The focus of the conceptual work is analysis, advice, planning, monitoring and management of urban infrastructure and urban design projects.
About the Role
In the digitised and networked world of the smart city, differentiated software solutions are playing an increasingly important role, especially in the areas of mobility and stationary traffic. The technical basis for this is formed by intelligently networked applications and systems, which we also create and maintain.
We recently won the German Innovation Award for SmaLa, an intelligent booking system for loading and delivery zones in cities.
We are looking for a (Senior) Product Owner (m/f/x) at our office in Berlin or Remote.
In your role as Product Owner you will be part of our Product & Engineering team and closely collaborate with other product owners and stakeholders in the entire group of companies. You will be responsible for the whole product life cycle of SmaLa which you will develop further with a highly-skilled and motivated cross-functional team.
What You're Gonna Do
- You are in direct contact with our customers and advise on technical solutions.
- You translate customer requirements into epics and user stories, maintain and prioritise the product backlog and plan and monitor the sprints using agile tools such as Jira.
- You are responsible for the budget and project management.
- You work closely with Scrum Master to ensure that the product’s development stays true to its original idea.
- You supervise the product development, including the planning phase.
- Identify short- and long term improvements to our software.
- Stay on top of logistic and infrastructure technology, while driving the integration of external partners and further service providers.
- You own the product lifecycle end-to-end from problem discovery to prototyping, launching & scaling.
- Measure, monitor and analyse metrics to optimise existing features and to learn from minimum viable features/products.
- Foster collaboration and communication across different product and development teams.
- You embrace change by living agile principles and putting them to live in your everyday actions.
- You report directly to the management board and to the clients.
- Experience – You have experience as Product Manager or Product Owner in building & launching digital products or services, ideally in the topics of logistics and mobility.
- Methods – You have experience with agile software development methodologies, and also advanced knowledge of product management methodologies and tools.
- Working Style – You're able to deal with complexity in a fast-moving environment and have experience working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Competencies – You facilitate management decision-making. In doing so, you feel confident to present your recommendations.
- Mindset – You are eager to discover new opportunities with a customer-centric & data-driven mindset to solve meaningful problems through software development. You use your skills, creativity and critical thinking to achieve project goals.
- Language – You have fluent German and English skills - any additional language skill is a plus.
- Values – our values are: determination, responsibility & enthusiasm - we'd love to see that in you as well!
What We Offer
- 28 vacation days
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work within CET +/- 4h possible
- Employer-funded pension
- Company events and regular activities outside the office
- Free membership to urban sports club or any other gym you like
- Bike Leasing
- Internal Training (from day one) and an annual learning budget (after the probation period)
- 360-degree feedback and employee reviews every 6 months
- An office close to Warschauer Straße, East Side Gallery and 20 metres away from the River Spree
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.