We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
About the Role
Our Urban Planning team bridges policy and operations to expand JUMP globally. We’re passionate about making cities a better place to live and bike through inclusive, collaborative design at the urban scale. In the Urban Planning Analyst role, you will be responsible for analyzing and visualizing city data for launching new markets. This role reports to the Senior Urban Planner. You will work closely with the JUMP implementation team, business development, policy, and new market entry, as well as municipal staff across several cities in a fast-paced, enthusiastic environment.
What You're Gonna Do
Assist in all aspects of pre-launch activities on a team, including:
- Mapping: Contribute to the urban planning of new system areas, mobility hubs, and infrastructure siting through map analysis, research, GIS, and interactive dashboards.
- Visual communication: Tell stories with data to both technical and non-technical audiences through compelling visualizations. We design with empathy.
- Statistical analysis: Help define and coordinate geospatial user-experience and business metrics.
Experience: 2-4 years of relevant work experience with large geospatial data sets
Education: Bachelors degree in Urban Planning, GIS/Geospatial Analysis, or related field.
- Highly proficient in: ArcGIS/qGIS, R/Python, SQL, Web mapping, Atom
- Intermediate experience in: GitHub, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, MS Office, Google Docs
Passion: Boundless curiosity and excitement for new mobility and biking in cities.
Bonus Points If:
- Experience working with a two-sided marketplace.
- Experience sourcing public data from the census, open source platforms, and local municipalities.
- Experience in working with data in Latin American or European markets, in addition to North America.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.