Urban Eye is a London UK based charity renewing neglected parts of the inner city with the local community through imaginative design solutions, creative architectural lighting and public art.
Urban Eye projects aim to create a more positive identity for an area, helping to reduce fear of crime and anti-social behaviour and provide a lasting legacy for residents and visitors to enjoy. Artworks created with resident groups, schools and youth clubs for specific environments increase a sense of ownership and pride for participants and help build respect for the local environment.
About the Role
The work will involve researching new funding opportunities and completing funding applications, both for core and new project funding. Guidance will be available from an older mentor working in a similar role.
What Impact Will They Have:
- Benefits to being part of the Urban Eye team include;
- Being part of an innovative and dynamic arts organisation
- Working with community groups and residents of all ages
- Making improvements to neglected inner-city environments
What You're Gonna Do
The ideal candidate will have an interest in art and design and possess the following skillset:
- Creative thinking
- Good organisation
- Communication skills
- IT and social media skills
- Commitment and perseverance
- Ability to maintain professional relationships
- General interest in improving the public realm
What We Offer
The position will involve a time commitment of ideally 12-16 hours per month.
Please apply via linked email with a CV and cover letter.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.