Gehl focuses on the relationship between the built environment and people’s quality of life. Gehl is based in Copenhagen, New York and San Francisco, we create ‘cities for people’.
Gehl is a global urban research and design consultancy. We address urban planning with a people-focused approach, and our services include Public Space Public Life Strategies, Public Space and Street Design and Masterplanning Frameworks.
We apply strategic planning and human-centered design to empower citizens, decision makers, company leaders, and organizations through Process Facilitation, Pilot Projects and Integrated Mobility Strategies.
As thought leaders, we contribute to the field by creating Frameworks for Learning and New Knowledge Creation through ongoing research.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Data Science Intern to join us from 1st February 2019. Based at our Copenhagen office, the Data Science intern will work with the Chief Innovation Officer and the Gehl Innovation Team to help analyze complex spatial data sets and combine them with broader socio-demographic data. The work will contribute to identify and pursue strategic opportunities that makes Gehl’s data more actionable and accessible.
- You’re currently based in or around Copenhagen and have the legal right to work in Denmark.
- You hold a BSc or BA and are in the process of your master’s studies within the fields of data science, digital innovation, social science, service design, anthropology, or a related field.
- You have a strong interest and understanding of urban design and public life.
- You’re well-informed as to global trends in cities and the ability to interpret and visualize data ranging from health, to education, to employment, together with Gehl’s unique public life data sets.
- You’re results orientated, analytical and structured, with an open-mind and innovative spirit.
- You’re both collaborative and self-directed, demonstrating a high attention to detail whilst managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
We’re looking for proficiency in:
- Spatial Data Visualization and Analysis: ArcGIS or QGis (Prioritized)
- Tableau, Microsoft Power Bi
- Able to create WebGL platforms
- Familiarity with Carto and Mapbox Studio
What We Offer
- The position is open from 1st February 2019 – 1st June 2019 with the option for extension.
- The position is an hourly paid position in accordance with Danish wage laws.
- You're expected to work approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Work and hours will be agreed with the CIO on a fluid and ongoing basis.
- Based on the agreed work and hours you will manage your own schedule, noting that core office hours are between 09:00 and 15:00 to facilitate team meetings and general knowledge exchange.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.