We describe SPACE10 as a future-living lab. We research and design innovative solutions to some of the major societal changes expected to affect people in the years to come. We do this in collaboration with an ever-growing network of forward-thinking partners. Based on our insights and learnings, we strive to create better and more sustainable ways of living.
About the Role
At SPACE10 we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills to help us elevate our communications channels. This storyteller can transform complicated ideas and research into digestible content to engage broad audiences across the digital landscape. Secondly, this candidate is a team player who approaches varied assignments such as researching and writing articles, picture captions and proofreading with the same rigour and enthusiasm. This candidate relishes pushing the boundaries of their craft and delights in proposing new storytelling formats. They have an ability to work independently and but are also able to ask for help when needed.
The role will principally operate within our Journal team to write and edit high-quality copy across several formats that will include but notwithstanding; print, web, mobile, video, and social media. This candidate will consistently deliver original and thought-provoking messaging and be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
The PR coordination will include editing presentations, press releases, award applications and working closely with our Communications Director to navigate external media obligations. This candidate will be structured and positive under pressure and take pleasure in being part of a team. SPACE10 is a highly creative and fluid working culture, so whilst this candidate will have excellent time management skills, they’ll also be comfortable working in a highly flexible, fast-changing environment.
What You're Gonna Do
- Write fresh copy for our owned media channels that connects with desired audiences with a strong bias to drive action
- Stay updated on appropriate style and communication guidelines and our brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Interpret and execute creative briefs and content for a range of external media and communications materials
- Strategic copywriting (e.g. press releases, award applications, presentations)
- Collaborate closely with a team of creative co-workers from concept development to delivery of final copy, and revise copy based on internal and external feedback/direction
- Prepare media kits, handle requests for interviews and statements, and pitch stories to the media
- Native English speaker
- Relevant Experience: Journalism; Copywriting; Communications, PR
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of output
- Technical skills: Copywriting; project management, Google Apps, Adobe DC; Photoshop
- Exceptional writing research, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skill and multitasking ability, and strong work-ethic
- Social media or content marketing experience is a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides
What We Offer
At SPACE10, we don't just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our creativity and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.