The Class of 2020 Foundation is a partner-based non-profit organization with a simple goal: to further the professionalism and knowledge of student housing in Europe and beyond. Established in 2011, the Class of 2020 is now the largest European Student Housing platform open to anyone and everyone. Our small and flexible team operates out of Amsterdam.
Our mission is to be the leading think tank on student housing in Europe. We provide an international network of complementary partners, members and associations. By bringing people together, we offer and share high-quality information and best practices. We aim for a student housing market that is open, international, professional, sophisticated and developed to fully accommodate student needs.
About the Role
The leading think tank on student living in Europe is looking for a proactive networker and a content creator. Higher education has become a global industry and the way in which universities, cities and countries attract talent has changed. Our foundation connects the international communities of student housing, higher education and city development. We do so by developing and sharing knowledge.
The 5 Basics:
- A fulltime position in a lively 12 people co-working space in the heart of Amsterdam
- Grow with the Europe’s leading think tank on student accommodation and university-cities.
- A member of an ambitious, international and fun team.
- Travel across Europe’s most exciting cities.
- Competitive salary and stipend for your personal development.
What You're Gonna Do
As Programme Coordinator, you are the key person who makes our events shine. At our Regional Sessions, The European Class Conference, International Fairs and tailored events like the Res Life Training, The Class shares its thought leadership on the future of urban living in Europe, developed and curated by our growing think tank. You are the one who brings these events to a next level by creating solid programmes with the most relevant contents, together with the team, our sponsors and partners.
Your 5 priorities – Collaborate, Cooperate, Coordinate, Connect and Communicate
- Develop and execute event content strategy with a strong focus on the topics that are current and relevant across various European markets and communities (with Director and Head of Engagement),
- Define key messages and write the narratives for upcoming events (with Head of Research and Training),
- Identify, invite and manage speakers (with Business Developer),
- Translate each event into pre, during and post communications plan and support the execution (with Communications Coordinator),
- Cultivate and pursue new opportunities to share our thought leadership, which can include public speaking, panel discussions and presentations at external events, such as EAIE and EXPO Real (with Head of Engagement and Research Intern).
As a successful candidate to this position, you are also willing to go beyond the functional boundaries with an aim to synergise with other team members and realise the shared goals of the of the foundation. You report to the Head of Engagement.
5 things we look for:
- You have a strong affection for the scope of our think thank (prior knowledge and/or relevant study/work experiences are plus),
- You are a natural and passionate writer with a full professional fluency in English,
- You can manage multiple projects/events spontaneously and simultaneously ,
- You exemplify a structured work approach and able to work with clear goals and deadlines,
- You identify yourself as a fun-loving person and see work as more than just a job, team as more than just colleagues and yourself as more than a just employee.
This job is available for international candidates.