BIG is a Copenhagen, New York and London based group of architects, designers, builders, and thinkers operating within the fields of architecture, urbanism, interior design, landscape design, product design, research and development. The office is currently involved in a large number of projects throughout Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East.
BIG’s architecture emerges out of a careful analysis of how contemporary life constantly evolves and changes. Not least due to the influence from multicultural exchange, global economical flows and communication technologies that all together require new ways of architectural and urban organization. We believe that in order to deal with today’s challenges, architecture can profitably move into a field that has been largely unexplored.
About the Role
As we continue to grow, we are looking for an exceptional full-time member to our Communications team based in our NYC office. Your daily life and work at BIG will be influenced by our creative environment at all times where plans change, exciting and new challenges emerge, and last minute travels beckon—we like to improvise and we like to have fun! This will make you a key player in sharing our projects, culture and ethos with the world and ensuring our message is always on point.
What You're Gonna Do
- Strategize project announcements & reveals, including groundbreaking, topping off and opening ceremonies
- Proactively pitch to news and design outlets to tell the stories we want to the world to know!
- Research and lay out various Design Award submissions
- Undertake market and press research projects
- Maintain press lists and track outgoing press materials
- Update and maintain content on the BIG website
- Assist with press and office events (film and photo shoots, tours, talks and parties)
- Assist with the continued development and maintenance of a BIG intranet and a CRM database
- Manage digital and in-house press archives
- a background in architecture, arts, and/or design and experience in communications, marketing, research, and/or business development
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- a strong interest and creative ability to convey architectural ideas across different platforms
- fluency in English; Danish is a HUGE bonus
- strong skills in Adobe suite
- self-discipline, attention to detail and is confident working in a highly creative and dynamic environment
- passion in being part of a collaborative team in a fun and intensely creative environment
This job is available for international candidates.