HTA Design LLP is a multi-disciplinary practice based in London, Edinburgh and Manchester specialising in regeneration.
The practice was originally established in 1969 and has a strong history of delivering great projects. HTA Architects Ltd, transferred to HTA Design LLP in April 2013 when a new partnership was formed.
About the Role
HTA offers a comprehensive planning consultancy service to our clients across the UK. We require a confident Assistant Planner to join our small busy team to work on the delivery of small to large scale housing and housing-led mixed use schemes. This is an exceptional opportunity to assist in the development of our business, integrating planning advice at all stages of design and to deliver places that make a difference to people’s lives.
What You're Gonna Do
Working closely with HTA's Planning and design teams across the practice, the Assistant Planner will:
- Support the planning team and practice members with planning policy research; undertake planning appraisals to inform proposals;
- undertake feasibility studies;
- write planning statements;
- manage the submission of planning applications;
- monitor planning applications;
- administration of discharge of planning conditions.
- An excellent understanding of the UK planning system;
- Housing, regeneration and design sector experience;
- A track record in delivering planning stages of projects from inception to completion;
- Experience in multi-disciplinary working;
- Demonstrable postgraduate experience in a professional planning capacity that as a guide is approximately equivalent to at least 2 years experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships. This role will involve liaising with clients, consultants and local planning authorities;
- A good knowledge of planning and construction, along with strong written skills, including experience of preparing planning applications;
- The ability to be proactive, to use your initiative and to work autonomously;
- Good project experience and skills, with the ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines;
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What We Offer
HTA offers excellent opportunities for your professional development. As well as great projects, we offer an excellent remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, pension contribution, death in service cover, professional subscriptions, support for further training and development, daily breakfast and lunch, eye care vouchers, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, interest free season ticket loan and much more, all in a great working environment.
HTA Design LLP is an Equal Opportunities and family friendly employer that values diversity in its workforce. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and/or experienced eligible candidates from all sectors of community.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.