Gensler is a global design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes performance and enriches experience. Our 6,000 practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
About the Role
Each year, Gensler’s intern students represent the best emerging talent from universities around the world. Internships in each of our offices provide unique hands-on experience in real projects, working side by side with our design teams and clients. In fact, Gensler has to date hosted over 2000 internships worldwide, developing a growing network of future designers.
As an intern at Gensler, you will be fully integrated into design teams, participating hands-on in design exercises and collaborating directly with team members. You will also enjoy the rich culture of our firm and the broader office community through a number of learning resources focused on supporting your professional development during your time with us.
Gensler’s London office invites students to join our creative studio environment for a paid Internship opportunity, beginning in June 2019. Participants will be focused on Landscape & Urban Design projects, while also gaining exposure to a wide range of design experiences within our full portfolio of integrated disciplines: architecture, interiors, graphic/industrial design, master planning and consulting.
What You're Gonna Do
- You will have an exciting opportunity to work on projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team, participating in design charrettes and learning sessions focused on delivering a successful project for our clients, large or small
- You will also enjoy the rich culture of our firm and the broader office community through a number of events and learning opportunities focused on supporting your studies
We are in search of bright, dynamic and innovative Landscape & Urban Design Interns; individuals who leverage their unique point of view to redefine what is possible through the power of design. We invite you to explore how you can make your mark at Gensler within the global network of team members, clients and communities in which we work.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- An outstanding student, having completed the second year of your undergraduate degree as a minimum
- Able to demonstrate excellent design sensibilities in your portfolio
- Highly motivated with a proactive attitude and eager to learn
- Experienced in using Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketch-Up and/or BIM modeling software
- Knowledge of Grasshopper or scripting is advantageous
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Interested in Sustainability and Sustainable design
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.