We apply a fresh and innovative approach to planning for cities, towns, neighbourhoods and villages in order to make planning + design accessible and inspiring.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Geospatial Software Developer to join our offices in London (Emerald Street), Amsterdam (Herengracht) or Portland Oregon (Inner Eastside).
We believe that technology and innovation are essential and your mission will be important in developing a suite of tools to bring together planners, designers, communities, developers and landowners.
What You're Gonna Do
This is a key role in our Digital Team working on software development in an Agile environment alongside the Managing Director and our Digital Urban Planner. We are looking for excellent development skills and experience of working closely in a dynamic team environment on the successful delivery of projects.
- Experience in PHP and SQL, preferably with PostgreSQL;
- Working on location-based software development that includes interactive mapping;
- Experience in creating RESTful API and handling JSON format;
- Familiarity with LeafletJS, OpenLayers or similar;
- Git version control;
- Heroku and/or AWS;
- Working in an Agile environment.
- A degree in Computer Science, Geography, Urbanism, Data Science or relevant experience;
- Experience in developing GIS to be used with QGIS and/or ArcGIS;
- Experience in software testing and debugging;
- Full-stack development (especially LAPP stack);
- Developing and maintaining custom CMS in PHP and/or NodeJS;
- Familiarity with jQuery and/or Axios;
- Familiarity with MERN stack;
- Familiarity with Deck.gl, D3, Kepler.gl or other similar frameworks;
- Familiarity with Bootstrap 4, Semantic UI or other similar frameworks;
- Familiarity with Kanban frameworks or similar (e.g. Trello, JIRA, Monday);
- Basic UX/UI Design skills.
What We Offer
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd May at 6pm (BST).
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.