Pioneered by Mastercard, City Possible is a new model of public-private partnerships that brings together a united private sector to work with cities and communities to solve system-wide challenges. By co-developing, piloting and scaling solutions, it strengthens the new triple bottom line: people, cities and businesses.
By putting people at the center of design, we can create solutions to uplift all segments of the community.
About the Role
Mastercard is committed to using our technology, data insights and partnerships to connect communities, enable mobility, and drive small business growth for the benefit of everyone.
This new position will play an important role in advancing Mastercard’s story and reputation among city leaders, policy makers and consumers. Chief among the responsibilities is media relations, influencer engagement and event management. The senior manager, communications, will work closely with business group owners as a trusted advisor to drive advocacy and amplify partnership opportunities at a local, national and global level.
What You're Gonna Do
- Develops and advances the strategy and voice for senior executive speaking and editorial opportunities
- Partners with global and regional communications teams to tailor programs based on understanding of local business needs and priorities
- Builds strong network of media and influencer relationships aligned with ‘inclusive urbanization’ topic
- Works closely with policy team to develop advocacy plans to reach relevant opinion leaders
- Manages Mastercard and partner activation of City Possible and other local events
- Develops and edits press releases, blogs posts, messaging and speeches for senior business partners
- Use measurement tools to assess the impact of communications programs to refine activities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; flawless editing to support clear ideas
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively and deliver results with global team
- Understand workings of local government and city planning to bring new communications ideas/approaches to the team
- Demonstrated track record of securing media placements and building influencer relationships
- Passion for pitching ideas
- Creative thinker possessing high level of comfort with fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and manage to deadlines
- Ability to translate complex business, social impact, and policy issues material into easily understood, actionable programs
- Comfortable presenting complex issues to internal and external audiences
- Solid understanding of balancing and prioritizing needs of multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing events
What We Offer
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.