Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
About the Role
Connectivity is at the heart of Facebook's mission of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. High-quality internet connectivity not only gives people a voice, but also creates opportunities to share knowledge that can strengthen both local communities and global economies. In Facebook Connectivity, we believe connecting the world is one of the greatest challenges of our generation and there is no silver bullet to solving this problem. That's why we take a multi-faceted approach to connectivity.
We're looking for a Program Manager to help us manage our urban connectivity program, specifically someone who is passionate about improving connectivity in cities. In this role, you will help us work in urban environments to improve connectivity through business model innovation, deployment best practices, and novel use of tools and technologies. You will be working externally with city leaders, policy officials, and a range of service providers and OEMs, and internally with product and technology teams. This position is full-time and based in our Menlo Park office.
What You're Gonna Do
- Work closely with network operators, infrastructure providers, and local governments to plan and execute network upgrade and expansion projects from field and market trials to scale deployments.
- Collaborate with internal product and technology teams to define technical requirements and plan and execute technology pilots and deployments.
- Collaborate with internal program managers to develop business plans and financial models by providing technical and operational inputs, analyzing network and technology coverage and validating model outputs.
- Collaborate with regional program managers and business development teams to structure and negotiate agreements novel business models and deploy new tools and technologies with partners from pilots to scaled networks.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build project plans and ensure projects are delivered and connectivity goals are realized against aggressive timelines.
- 7+ years of experience developing and executing wireless network infrastructure strategies, solutions, and deployment plans in urban environments.
- Knowledge of wireless access industry, technology (WIFI, Cellular, and fiber), and deployment challenges and opportunities in urban markets.
- Experience in planning and executing network technology and infrastructure deployment programs with wide-range of stakeholder partners including cities, service providers, OEMs, suppliers, etc.
- Knowledge of network and operational cost modeling and metrics for wireless network deployment activities (WIFI/cellular/mmWave backhaul), services, and equipment/materials (street furniture, wireless equipment, backhaul, and power).
- Knowledge with network operations, operational support systems, and network engineering processes.
- Experience performing data analysis and modeling of network and technology coverage, location of population, connectivity to backhaul, determination of power sources, accessibility of street furniture, etc.
- Communication, interpersonal and collaboration with cross-functional experience.
- BA/BS or higher in related technical field or equivalent degree/experience.
- Experience in partnering with government agencies on the deployment of network technologies.
- Knowledge of CBRS and other spectrum-sharing technologies.
- Advanced degrees, including MBA.
What We Offer
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
This job is available for international candidates.