C40 connects more than 90 of the world’s greatest cities. It is focused on tackling climate change and driving urban action that reduces greenhouse gas emissions and climate risks, while increasing the health, wellbeing and economic opportunities of urban citizens.
About the Role
C40’s recently launched Mass Transit Network builds on previous work on Bus Rapid Transit, and is a part of C40’s Transportation & Urban Planning Programme. Actions within this network include supporting cities to choose the right mass transit solution, improving and enhancing public transport infrastructure and services, and helping cities deliver good connectivity and intermodal connections. The Project Officer will work closely with the Programme Manager to deliver the day to day deliverables and activities of the Mass Transit Network. They will enable city ambition through facilitating peer-to-peer support, and complement this through technical assistance and key partners.
The Project Officer will be passionate about working with a diverse range of cities to find practical solutions to climate change, have strong interest and familiarity with transport and urban planning policies, and have experience working directly with city governments and/or successful networks. The Project Officer will be a proactive individual, able to manage their work independently and make the most of a complex portfolio in a high profile area of C40’s work. The Project Officer will join a team of dynamic C40 staff and be connected to leading cities around the world.
What You're Gonna Do
- Support Programme Manager with logistics and coordination for Network and Programme activities and events, including the Mass Transit Network workshop.
- Manage day to day communication and information requests from network member cities.
- Compile and edit the Mass Transit Network newsletter to member cities sharing information on EV activity in cities and related research and programme updates.
- Showcase great Mass Transit city examples and case studies through quarterly webinars.
- Compile and produce case studies and other knowledge management resources.
- Update and maintain the Mass Transit Exchange page.
- Support Programme Manager with network outcome and impact reporting.
- Support the Programme Manager and Programme Director for Transportation and Urban Planning in the preparation of fundraising proposals, documents and presentations.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Global Initiatives team and across C40 to effectively support cities in achieving their transport and GHG reduction goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Knowledge of transport and Mass Transit management practices and challenges, at municipal and international level.
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and strategic thinking capabilities coupled with an outcome, delivery-oriented approach required.
- Expertise and interest in facilitation of in-person workshops as well as virtual meetings or webinars.
- International experience, particularly working across different cultures, languages and time zones.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required; preference given to those that speak additional languages.
- Knowledge of other languages is preferred but not required.
Applicants must already have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Moderate travel will be required as part of the role.
£ 34,136 per annum
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.