Founded in 2010, NewCities is an international, independent nonprofit committed to shaping a better urban future.
About the Role
NewCities is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic young professional to join its team in Montréal. The Executive and Project Assistant will assist the team on various events and initiatives as well as providing administrative support to the Chairman. The position will be based in the Foundation’s head office in Montréal. This is a fantastic opportunity to help us shape the urban future, working in a stimulating multi-cultural environment.
What You're Gonna Do
A. 60% of Assistant’s time on project coordination: Collaborate with the Foundation’s team, contributing to entire projects lifecycle:
- Assist with contacts research, correspondence with participants and partners
- Support the Foundation in its fundraising and reporting activities
- Coordinate events invitation/registration process
- Coordinate logistics for events, including social events, travel, accommodation and catering
- Support events team with program and content
- Manage contacts list and record keeping in the database
B. 40% of Assistant’s time on providing administrative support:
- Provide administrative support to the Chairman and the Executive Director
- Manage schedules, coordinate meetings/conferences and travel arrangements
- Assisting the Chairman and the Executive Director on a variety of projects, including preparation of meeting material, conference speeches, speaking notes, etc.
- Manage the office (supplies, equipment, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 1-year experience in a field related to urbanism, international affairs and/or business and administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Database management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Comfortable working as part of a team, as well as independently
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Fluent in French and in English (written + spoken)
What We Offer
- A first experience for recent graduates in a multicultural international organization with possibility of growth
- Access to health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.