AMS Institute is a collaboration between Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Wageningen University & Research, Delft University of Technology, the City of Amsterdam, Shell, European Space Agency, Accenture, IBM, Port of Amsterdam, Cisco, Waternet, Alliander and KPN.
Aiming to solve problems in metropolitan areas, we combine brainpower, data and knowledge from the fields of design, planning, life sciences, engineering, physics, mathematics, information technology and social sciences. Through facilitating and initiating (research)projects that ‘fix’ things we create practical solutions, products, businesses activity and workable plans that benefit urban progress.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a PR and Content Officer, to help us lead the institute into a next phase of development. Your main focus will be on PR and creating a corporate story with content that adds up, with an emphasis on urban challenges, innovation and impact, overarching collaborations and the link between business, citizens, education & science.
At a company with 1001 stories, good content is never far away. With your creativity and expertise, you pro-actively know how to set the content agenda by combining the urban challenges of the city of Amsterdam with the activities of our core pillars. You know how to find the right angles, collaborations and distribution channels to contribute to raising awareness and further improving the positioning and reputation of the institute.
The AMS Communications Team is a small, but enthusiastic and dynamic team that consists of four people: the Communications Officer, the PR and Content Officer, the Communications Student Assistant and the Head of Communications. You will report to the Head of Communications. Even though team members each focus on their own responsibilities and activities, deliverables are always a team effort.
What You're Gonna Do
- Designing, directing and executing our PR activities (both owned and earned) and Content Marketing plan in close collaboration with the Head of Communications.
- Setting the content agenda for our key storylines in close cooperation with our expert teams (Research & Valorization, Innovation, Education & Data Science Team).
- Delivering crisp and convincing content on our owned channels, such as our website, twitter & LinkedIn (including monitoring & reporting).
- Safeguarding our reputation and signaling opportunities for pro-active PR and storytelling.
- Coordinating media requests, advising and guiding our experts & spokespersons.
- Identifying and maintaining relationships with key media outlets and journalists as well as building and maintaining relationships within our network of business partners, stakeholders & influencers.
- You have a relevant academic degree or equivalent qualification and proven experience in PR and are passionate about technology and urban innovation.
- You are a (near) native English speaker, with excellent written & verbal communications skills, and also have a professional working proficiency of the Dutch language.
- You have a true understanding of what is newsworthy and know to find the right angles to bring the message across to our target audiences.
- You like to dive into the organization to analyze and gather content that truly makes a difference.
- You have experience in maintaining relationships with external media and know how to create opportunities for press coverage.
- You are social-media savvy and know how to use social media as an integrated part of the media mix.
- You feel connected to the urban challenges of the city of Amsterdam and preferably live in or near Amsterdam.
- Experience in illustrator/InDesign, or video production is a plus.
Looking at your personality you are:
- An enthusiastic and positive person, a true asset to the team
- Creative and pro-active in bringing ideas forward
- A self-starter with high energy
- Result-oriented, accurate and efficient
What We Offer
- €40-50k on an annual base - this includes an annual supplementary pay (13thmonth). The salary will commensurate with experience.
- You will be working from a highly innovative working environment with a team of adaptive and creative professionals that are working to bridge the gap between science and society.
- You will be located in the heart of the city of Amsterdam at the Marineterrein Amsterdam Innovation district.
- Your renumeration is based on the VSNU CAO (for 40 hours) with a maximum of €3500,-, and an annual supplementary pay (13th month). We will offer you a one-year contract, and a permanent contract upon good performance.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.