C40 connects more than 90 of the world’s greatest cities. It is focused on tackling climate change and driving urban action that reduces greenhouse gas emissions and climate risks, while increasing the health, wellbeing and economic opportunities of urban citizens.
About the Role
The Women4Climate Initiative focuses on making the case for women leadership in the climate sphere and aims to advance the full participation of women in the fight against climate change within C40 cities by contributing to the emergence of the next generation of women climate leaders.
The Women4Climate Tech Challenge is an international contest open to any woman designing an innovative, climate-focused tech solution. Complementary to the Women4Climate Mentorship Programme, the key goal of the Tech Challenge is to promote concrete solutions with a measurable impact in cities.
The project officer will work closely with the Women4Climate team to deliver the Tech Challenge and effectively achieve the programme’s goals. Tasks will include engagement with city partners, programme applicants and participants. The main focus of the role will be to coordinate and plan the Tech challenge and support the overall Women4Climate programme communications.
The Women4Climate Tech Challenge project officer will have a particular interest in communication, gender, tech, innovation and climate change issues, and use these skills and interests to successfully rollout the Women4Climate Tech Challenge contest across C40 cities and work with the Women4Claimte team to deliver the outcomes of the programme.
What You're Gonna Do
- Plan and implement the Women4Climate Tech Challenge, working closely with the Women4Climate team and the Communications and Events team.
- In coordination with the Women4Climate project manager develop, implement and coordinate the delivery of Tech Challenge program, to be launched in October 2019 with a side event taking place at C40 Summit in Copenhagen.
- Ensure the success of the Tech Challenge campaign from October 2019 until necessary: Engage with the communication partner to ensure citizens, startups and innovation networks, especially in the city committed, are aware of the Tech Challenge; Work collaboratively with the Comms and Events team to ensure the success of campaigns and events promoting the Tech Challenge and source a great number of applicants of ahead December 2019;
- Oversee the Tech Challenge applications selection;
- Prepare necessary documentation (jury folders, noting forms, set-up of the remote meeting, etc) and execute the Tech Challenge jury session remotely (likely in January 2020). Oversee the Tech Challenge applications selection and engage with the finalists to organise their pitch session;
- Engage with the cities involved in the Tech Challenge to ensure the success of the implementation of the solutions;
- Contribute to engagement with the Tech Challenge partners on progress of the Initiative, alongside the Women4Climate team, including preparing monthly progress reports for partners;
- Support the Women4Climate team with preparation of programme documents and presentations;
- Manage programme communications such as social media, writing newsletters, etc.
- Update and maintain the Women4Climate website.
- Support the Women4Climate Project Manager with logistics and coordination of the Women4Climate conference in Sydney in April 2020.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Bachelors in relevant field or Masters Degree preferable;
- Strong written communication skills to effectively highlight and communicate the programme;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills and the demonstrated ability to effectively interface with stakeholders at all levels, both verbally and written;
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and strategic thinking capabilities coupled with an outcome,
- Desired experience in launching a contest, not necessarily in the Tech field;
- Knowledge of the innovation and startups field;
- Particular interest in gender, Tech, innovation and climate change issues;
- Passionate about working on a project in a ground-breaking field and finding new approaches to climate change awareness by mainstreaming the gender perspective;
- A natural listener and communicator, collaborator, and facilitator with expertise in facilitation and engagement, leading to successful and outcome-focused cities interactions;
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and strategic thinking capabilities coupled with an outcomeoriented approach;
- Proven track record in working collaboratively and effectively with partners, such as NGOs, international organisations and the public and private sector;
- International experience, particularly working across different cultures, languages and time zones;
- Strong overall computer skills, and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work remotely with programme team and participating cities.
- Fluent in English, French or Spanish would be an advantage.
- Applicants must already have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Moderate travel may be required as part of the role.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.