AMS Institute is a collaboration between Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Wageningen University & Research, Delft University of Technology, the City of Amsterdam, Shell, European Space Agency, Accenture, IBM, Port of Amsterdam, Cisco, Waternet, Alliander and KPN.
Aiming to solve problems in metropolitan areas, we combine brainpower, data and knowledge from the fields of design, planning, life sciences, engineering, physics, mathematics, information technology and social sciences. Through facilitating and initiating (research)projects that ‘fix’ things we create practical solutions, products, businesses activity and workable plans that benefit urban progress.
About the Role
Are you looking for an internship in the field of communication, social media & community building, in an environment where you can immerse yourself in topics related to urban innovation, sustainability, and livability for the city of Amsterdam?
We are looking for a curious, entrepreneurial and energetic communications intern for a period of 4 - 6 months, starting September 2019. AMS Institute is a network organization that strives to be adaptive to the challenges of the city. We are therefore looking for creative talents that share our mission and want to strengthen our team during an internship.
What makes us unique is that we valorize our research in practice, using the city of Amsterdam as a living lab: a valuable context for experiments that helps develop and test advanced solutions for challenges in urbanized metropolitan areas around the globe. The three core pillars of the institute are Research & Valorization, Innovation and our educational program, including our own Master’s program Metropolitan Analysis Design & Engineering (MSc MADE).
What You're Gonna Do
As an intern you will work on helping us to shape and develop in internal and external communication strategy, work on community building, contribute to organizing events and raise awareness about AMS Institute, our research, innovation and educational activities. Possible activities are:
- Exploring, creating, editing and publishing content for our newsletter, website and social media channels
- Help developing activities, tools and events to shape and develop our community of colleagues, researchers, partner and stakeholders
- Experimenting with new types of content, such as creating podcast, vlogs etc.
We are looking for a creative and energetic communications intern that is keen to dive into our organization and activities.
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor or Master in (Science) Communication, or any equivalent study
- You feel connected to the urban challenges of the city of Amsterdam and preferably live in or near Amsterdam
- You’re available for a period of 4-6 months, 4 or 5 days a week
- You have strong English written & verbal communications skills
- You would like to work on both content and events
- You are social-media savvy
- You’re a team player and eager to learn
- Experience in illustrator/InDesign, or video production is a plus
What We Offer
- An innovative working environment focused on the urban challenges of the city of Amsterdam
- We work with a broad network of partners, during your internship you will get to know the Amsterdam innovation eco-system
- You will be working in an enthusiastic team from our new office at the Marineterrein Amsterdam innovation district
- You will have learning opportunities which we shape together with you. You will also have your own responsibilities and your personal input is much appreciated
- An internship allowance
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.