The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is an international centre of excellence of the School of Economics (ESE) and the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) of the Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands, operating on a global scale by offering post-graduate education, training, advisory services and applied research.
About the Role
There is a vacancy for a junior (Green) infrastructure and services specialist at IHS. We would like this candidate to strengthen the education/training, consulting and applied research activities of the institute, in particular in developing capacity building activities at IHS on the theme of green infrastructure, with special reference to water.
The candidate will join the Infrastructure and Green Cities (IGC) team and will also work closely with IHS’ capacity building specialists. The group is interested to position itself better in the market related to Green Cities.
The candidate is expected to focus on the more practical aspects of the activities the institute undertakes (consulting, educational/training and research activities). This will include acquiring and carrying out capacity building assignments, developing and executing training courses, providing institutional development support, doing consulting work in the field.
We are asking for a candidate who:
- Holds a Master or a PhD degree (or close to defending one) in urban management, urban planning, infrastructure, engineering, environmental sciences, development studies or a related social sciences discipline.
- Has a proven focus on and interest in aspects of Infrastructure and Green Cities, in particular water, preferably in developing countries.
- Has the skills and the interest to develop in the area of capacity building.
We are looking for:
- Experience working in academic / training institutions, with some background in capacity needs assessments, training design, alternative learning methods, and training management.
- Experience with project work and acquisition, working in the field.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Fluency in other languages is desirable.
What We Offer
- The position is available in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, starting for a period of 1 year, with a possible extension of employment, and is based on a minimum of 32 hours per week to a maximum of 40 working hours per week.
- Remuneration will be in line with the responsibilities of the role and related to the work experience of the candidate. For fulltime employment, the minimum gross monthly salary is € 2,709 and the maximum € 4,274 based on 40 working hours per week and for a salary scale of 10 (junior level) of the CAO NU.
- We would prefer a candidate that can start as soon as possible after our selection, though this can be negotiated if required.
This job is available for international candidates.