Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
About the Role
As a member of the Real Estate team, you will be reporting to the Director of Social Infrastructure who is responsible for manifesting Google’s core value of making the world’s information universally accessible and useful, and applying that ethos to the places and regional programs we are launching across our development pipeline. You will be responsible for supporting in the implementation of our social infrastructure in projects, defined as the network of physical places, programs and organizations that support opportunity pathways, well being, social life and foster social connections. You will work with our Grow, Foundation, Policy, Communications, Amenity and Development teams to leverage Google’s combined impact and knowledge. You will also assist in establishing key strategic partnerships with nonprofits, small local businesses and foundations that we work with in the local communities in which we are developing.
The Real Estate Development team is focused on creating inspiring mixed-use neighborhoods, anchored by a Google campus. Our developments are designed to enable Google, our employees and our communities to thrive together. We believe successful place is at the intersection of Community, Nature, Innovation and Economics. As an in-house development group, our team is focused on all aspects of the development process, from land assemblage and entitlements to the full design and delivery of these mixed-use communities.
What You're Gonna Do
- Support the analysis of the opportunities and challenges within the nonprofit and governmental environment around key issues. Help instigate high-impact strategies to optimize project’s ability to address gaps through our social infrastructure system.
- Support the development of the Opportunity Pathways program for the districts. Align program with Google’s goal to create a more diverse and inclusive workforce and the community’s goals to access Google’s jobs.
- Support management within Google.org and other internal Google stakeholders with foundations and assess, select and capacity build with key nonprofits to execute.
- Help produce business models around food, childcare and other shared interests that have positive social and economic impact for Google and the community.
- Drive our retail, open space activation/programming and other place strategies with a lens towards shared value. Integrate social objectives into our environmental sustainability efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Sociology, Urban Studies, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience within cities, non-profits, foundations or the development community, executing programs that resolve urban issues around housing, jobs and/or transportation.
- Experiencing with and fundraising from tech leaders around social infrastructure programs.
- Experience in supporting and execution of operating and executing major social infrastructure program.
- Experience in working with foundations, fundraising and non-profit networks in Northern California.
- Expertise in forging alliances between diverse and often adversarial constituencies.
- Track record in inspiring stakeholders around shared values, combined with the ability to drive alignment among leadership.
- Ability to overcome great challenges and produce impactful models in the social sector.
What We Offer
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
This job is available for international candidates.