The Class of 2020 Foundation is a partner-based non-profit organization with a simple goal: to further the professionalism and knowledge of student housing in Europe and beyond. Established in 2011, the Class of 2020 is now the largest European Student Housing platform open to anyone and everyone. Our small and flexible team operates out of Amsterdam.
Our mission is to be the leading think tank on student housing in Europe. We provide an international network of complementary partners, members and associations. By bringing people together, we offer and share high-quality information and best practices. We aim for a student housing market that is open, international, professional, sophisticated and developed to fully accommodate student needs.
About the Role
The 5 Basics:
- A fulltime position in a lively 12 people co-working space in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Further grow Europe’s leading think tank on student accommodation and university-cities.
- Be Part of ambitious and international team.
- Travel across Europe’s most exciting cities.
- Competitive compensation package and stipend for your personal development.
The leading think tank on student living, working and learning in Europe is looking for an energetic
deal closer to join our growing team. As higher education is becoming a global industry, the way in
which universities, cities and countries attract talent has changed. Our foundation connects the
international communities of student housing, higher education and city development. We do this by
developing and sharing knowledge through research projects, publications and organised events.
What You're Gonna Do
You are the one that brings our stakeholder relationship management to the next level and expands
our community within and beyond our three pivotal communities. You are responsible for developing
and executing a partnership strategy aimed at the acquisition of new partners, serve as account
manager of existing partners and further broaden the revenue side of the foundation with strategic
sponsorships and new business development. You report directly to the leadership team.
It is our mission to make student living more professional, welcoming and international and this is why
we organise specific events in numerous European countries. In these events we raise awareness on
the topic, increase the knowledge base of the industry and facilitate networking between universities,
providers, investors and policy makers. The Class is organising the following events:
- The European Class Conference, November 2020 (800 people).
- 7 Regional Sessions in UK, Spain, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Italy (200
- 2 professional development trainings in Europe.
Your 5 priorities: Expanding the community by creating shared value and social profit
- Identify opportunities and coordinate with the entire team to ensure sustainable income
stream that contributes to realising the foundation's goals, incl: sponsorships,
research/advisory activities, market intelligence etc.
- The acquisition of new partners across several specific target groups in and related to the
student accommodation industry.
- Further grow our community of higher education, city government partners and other
complementary industries by identifying their needs and wants.
- Manage existing partnerships with strong relationship management and thorough financial
administration. This includes executing surveys that monitor trends and needs in the industry.
- Manage our recognised ‘Best in Class’ annual industry awards, including innovative student
competition together with our Marketing and Communication Coordinator.
To be considered as a candidate for this exciting position you will have expertise in, and a true passion
for, stakeholder management and business development. You thrive on closing deals and have a very
outgoing personality. The successful candidate for this role will be highly organised, engaging and a
great networker, with the ability to seize commercial opportunities and respond to the needs and
wants of both internal and external stakeholders.
5 things we look for:
- 2 years of proven experience in business development and sales.
- A good understanding of how to create long-lasting partnerships, manage existing
partnerships and cater to their needs.
- Experience with Salesforce and basic financial administration (contracts, invoicing)
- Relevant MA level education; affinity with the student housing and/or international higher
education is a must.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written. Fluency in Dutch and other European languages is
What We Offer
Do you identify yourself as a fun-loving person and see work as more than just a job, team as more
than just colleagues and yourself as more than just an employee?
If you meet the requirements and are keen to join the Class of 2020, please send your CV and
motivation letter directly to Margarida Sorribas, Office Manager via email@example.com
We are looking to start this position as soon as possible. Application deadline is 15 October 2019.
This job is available for international candidates.