NYU Abu Dhabi is pioneering a new model of higher education for a global world, dedicated to excellence in teaching and research and to advancing cooperation and progress on humanity’s shared challenges.
Drawing on the strengths of the NYU global network, it offers an outstanding liberal arts and sciences education to students from the United Arab Emirates, the United States, and around the world, with a distinctive focus on intercultural understanding and leadership.
About the Role
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Center Coordinator, CITIES Research Center reporting to the Associate Professor of Civil and Urban Engineering. This employment will be on a part time basis (17.5 hours per week).
The Center Coordinator will provide administrative coordination and high level administrative support to the Center Director, Co-PIs and Assistant Director as required. As a new Center, the level of administrative activities will vary from the more challenging and exciting administrative projects involving external stakeholders and impact on the UAE to the more general administrative support in order to get the Center up and running and ensure its continuous operations.
A high degree of initiative, independence of action, and ability to achieve results without explicit guidance are expected, as is the ability to work quickly and efficiently, particularly during busy times.
- Provide high level administrative support to the Center Director, Co-PIs and Assistant Director in the areas of short and long range planning; implementing and managing day to day procedures; coordinating, planning and overseeing center operations including: calendar; general activities; center conferences and workshops; travel; catering; and onsite support for both internal and external colleagues
- Maintain and manage center financial activities and updates on finance policy; preparation of expense reimbursements; payments to vendors and individuals; ePro data entry and PO follow up; and budget tracking
- Maintain and manage center internal and external communications and announcements; center emails with external and internal colleagues; dynamic distribution lists; and write meeting notes and actions with follow up accordingly
- Assist in the development of the center’s website, social media and media outreach and its ongoing management as well as the development of the center’s network
- Assist as required with complex project management and develop and implement new processes and procedures
- Ensure ongoing supplies; manage room reservations; and welcome center guests
What We Offer
- Bachelor’s degree or a relevant advanced certification or professional qualification diploma
- 3+ years high level administrative experience
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in Business English
- A capacity to work collegially and flexibly in a dynamic setting characterized by a complex organizational structure comprising New York University Abu Dhabi and other New York University campuses
- An ability to prioritize and handle multiple processes and requests on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Professional maturity and judgment consistent with leadership-support responsibilities, including exceptional discretion, confident communications skills, and a capacity for resourceful initiative in a team context
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.