The Class of 2020 Foundation is a partner-based non-profit organization with a simple goal: to further the professionalism and knowledge of student housing in Europe and beyond. Established in 2011, the Class of 2020 is now the largest European Student Housing platform open to anyone and everyone. Our small and flexible team operates out of Amsterdam.
Our mission is to be the leading think tank on student housing in Europe. We provide an international network of complementary partners, members and associations. By bringing people together, we offer and share high-quality information and best practices. We aim for a student housing market that is open, international, professional, sophisticated and developed to fully accommodate student needs.
About the Role
Who are we?
Founded in 2011, The Class of 2020 is a partner-based think tank for the future of living, learning and working in university-cities. Based in Amsterdam, we run our European non-profit on 4 main pillars: Events, Research, Academy and Advisory. We advocate for community collaboration and provide thought leadership on the future of university cities. Our vision is for cities to attract and retain the brightest young minds, and for them to lead the way to social and economic success in return.
Our team consists of 12 global talents with 8 nationalities represented amongst us. With this small and colourful organisation structure, you will definitely get the opportunity to work with all of us. You will be working directly with Eveline as your internship supervisor and closely with Christian, and Yoony for different projects.
What You're Gonna Do
What will you be doing?
Together with Eveline and Christian, you will be responsible for shaping our external profile. This entails creating relevant written and visual content for our social media channels, mailings, and website. The main purpose and focus of your position are to maintain and further develop our brand’s visibility.
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor student in a related field in a multi-cultural study environment
- Available for 3-4 days a week for at least 5 months
- Able to begin in February 2020
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Tech and design savvy
- An eye for detail
- Hands on and can-do mentality
- Basic knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Social media knowledge (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube)
- Bonus: speaks Dutch and/or another (western) European language
What We Offer
What’s in it for you?
- A salary of 500 euros in 40-hour basis, adjusted proportionally depending on your agreed working hours
- Complimentary lunches
- Travel compensation of €0,19 per km when residing further than 10km away from the office, a maximum of €150 per month
- Possibility to do research for a thesis
- A vibrant coworking office in central Amsterdam
If you meet the requirements and are keen to join the Class of 2020, please send your CV and motivation letter to Margarida via email@example.com. The application deadline is Sunday 5 January 2020.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.