Visa Inc. is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second.
The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
About the Role
The Strategy & Business Operations Director, Global Product, forms a key role within the Global Urban Mobility team with dual focus in on the development of strategic initiatives in support of the team’s objectives and providing ensuring the execution of business operations to ensure the working team(s) is operating with high efficiency and impact, worldwide.
Specifically, the individual is tasked on the overall ownership for the GUM team’s underlying strategy to ensure Visa becomes the de-facto trusted partner of the urban mobility industry, identifying and pursuing opportunities “build, buy or partner” with the industry players to this end.
The role will also require development, launch and proactive management of business operations for the GUM Working Team, providing management oversight, governance, reporting and administration of the team’s core activities. The individual will regularly liaise with key internal stakeholders from Product, MSA, Government Engagement, M&A, Venturing, Legal, Finance and IT as required.
The individual will be an advocate and educate internal stakeholders on the full scope of the GUM’s team’s strategy, roadmaps, objectives, capabilities and product offerings and propositions.
What You're Gonna Do
- Past experience of developing, capturing and communicating business strategy, gathering inputs from a wide gamut of the internal and external stakeholders, reflecting evolving market conditions, opportunities and challenges.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing efficient and effective business operations checks and controls, to empower the wider working team, deployed globally, to pursue key priories in a concerted manner, with a high degree of scalability and transparency.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Robust business and financial acumen and experience, ideally with knowledge of the global urban mobility or mass transit sectors.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
- Ability to negotiate and gain consensus between organizations where competing priorities exist.
- Excellent verbal and inter-personal communication.
- Innovative with strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and demands.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
- Enhance existing program and business management practices to provide oversight, governance, reporting and administration of the GUM programme.
- Co-lead and manage weekly GUM team meetings often involving other internal functions, with a bias for action and effective decision-making.
- Reporting and tracking of key time sensitive milestones, escalating to the Leadership team of any potential delays and risks.
- Work with the all relevant functions or organizations on the status of the key deliverables.
- Lead monthly GUM Strategy steer-co meetings.
- Provide program level dashboards and facilitate reviews and action items.
What We Offer
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20%-40% of the time
Incumbent must make themselves available for meetings with clients and Visa regional teams early morning and evenings occasionally as needed
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This job is available for international candidates.