The Class of 2020 Foundation is a partner-based non-profit organization with a simple goal: to further the professionalism and knowledge of student housing in Europe and beyond. Established in 2011, the Class of 2020 is now the largest European Student Housing platform open to anyone and everyone. Our small and flexible team operates out of Amsterdam.
Our mission is to be the leading think tank on student housing in Europe. We provide an international network of complementary partners, members and associations. By bringing people together, we offer and share high-quality information and best practices. We aim for a student housing market that is open, international, professional, sophisticated and developed to fully accommodate student needs.
About the Role
- Starting in February/March.
- Lively 12 people office in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Research and report on trends in student living, coliving, other blended living typologies and global talent mobility.
- Paid position with a complimentary daily lunch.
- Full-time position, minimum period of 6 months.
The leading think tank on the future of housing in Europe is looking for an enthusiastic contributor for its research team. As higher education is becoming ever more global, the way in which universities, cities and countries attract and retain talent is evolving. Our foundation connects the communities of student housing, higher education and city development. We do this by developing and spreading knowledge through research projects, publications and organised events.
The Class of 2020 is a non-profit partner based foundation for student living and higher education on a European scale. Each year we publish a trend report, organise the largest student living conference in continental Europe, and much more. For more information: www.theclassof2020.org
What You're Gonna Do
What will you be doing?
Through original research, The Class aims to lead the discussion and debate related to how the future of living, working and learning looks like for global talent. You will be supporting The Class researching topics in the areas of:
- City-university collaboration
- Talent attraction & retention schemes
- Mobility of young talent
- Investment and trends in Blended Living
- The “Co-Revolution” (i.e. co-living, co-working)
- Innovation districts and urban campus development
- The student housing markets of Europe
- Affordability and accessibility of housing
- Impact of developments of technology and sustainability on living, working and learning
You will be responsible for tracking news, aggregating and analysing data for our ongoing research projects, writing about the future of global talent’s living and university-cities. You will be a critical friend to our research team supporting the Research and Consulting Specialist in different projects such as the Market Outlooks developed around our regional sessions, Advisory and Academy projects. The job is based in Amsterdam, and will be fully in English.
We are able to support you in an academic research project (thesis) on relevant topics.
Who are we looking for?
- A current enrolled BA or MA level student;
- Background in the Built environment, Real Estate, Urban/Applied Economics, International Studies, Higher Education Studies, Urban Planning, Public Administration or related fields;
- Understanding of and/or affinity with the real estate market, investement and developments in the world of higher education;
- Affinity with and knowledge of data organisation;
- Capable of independent work
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of another European language would be an advantage.
What We Offer
Want to apply?
If you meet the requirements and are keen to join the Class of 2020, please send your CV and covering letter by 31/01/2020 to Ms. Margarida Sorribas via email@example.com
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.