We describe SPACE10 as a future-living lab. We research and design innovative solutions to some of the major societal changes expected to affect people in the years to come. We do this in collaboration with an ever-growing network of forward-thinking partners. Based on our insights and learnings, we strive to create better and more sustainable ways of living.
About the Role
You will primarily focus on driving our approach to the engagement and management of key stakeholders and business relationships. You will be the primary point of contact for a diverse range of stakeholders across the IKEA ecosystem and beyond. You will be proficient at selecting tools and methodologies that enable the SPACE10 team to easily engage and keep key stakeholders updated on progress of projects across SPACE10. Beyond this, you will also support our directors in building presentations, conducting actionable research, and translating business strategy into effective stakeholder engagement.
You are an experienced candidate comfortable operating in a start-up culture, show a flair for business innovation, grow in a climate of uncertainty, and demonstrate strengths of adaptability and autonomy. You are excited about circular and platform business models, and motivated by how business and sustainability agendas can co-exist.
What You're Gonna Do
As a Strategist, you will be responsible for driving a few key project teams that are currently situated between Copenhagen and Delhi. The focus area for your role will be to continuously develop strong relations with key stakeholders to align on our overall strategic direction. This role strongly aligns with SPACE10’s mission of enabling IKEA to uncover new business opportunities above and beyond their current concept by engaging the right stakeholders on their side to anchor and support our mission.
- Develop, unfold and refine our approach to stakeholder engagement
- Create processes that facilitate clear timelines, mechanisms and deliverables that meet our roadmap objectives
- Create and execute presentations, pre-reads and aligned meeting agendas
- Oversee reporting and budgets related to SPACE10’s stakeholder projects
- Coordinate all key reporting milestones and deliverables between IKEA and SPACE10
- Plan and operationalise meetings, presentations and logistical coordination of key stakeholder meetings
- Compile and synthesise all research and design insights for key meetings
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies that are changing our core business models and strategy
- Provide directors with actionable research insights relevant to our overall business strategy
- Contribute to SPACE10 projects to drive strategic alignment with SPACE10 mission and IKEA strategies
- Contribute to SPACE10 projects as, particularly those with initiatives related to sustainability and business circularity
- Responsible for driving a research or/and design project yourself
- Represent SPACE10’s work and approach at events/conferences, etc.
- Co-develop and unfold a communications and engagement strategy for IKEA co-workers
- Experience working with broad range of stakeholders
- Experience working across corporate, non-profit, and innovation partners and institutions
- Critical thinking and ability to identify problems or opportunities for improvement and proactively propose and pursue solutions
- Strong English language writing skills, with an ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
- First class degree in relevant field of social sciences or business
- Demonstrable interest in innovation, sustainability and design
- Great public speaker
- Professional experience in emerging markets
What We Offer
- Application deadline: 27 January 2020 (at 12 am CET)
- Interviews: 29 January 2020 from 9 am-4 pm (remote or in person)
- Job period: 24 February 2020 – 22 December 2020
- Point of contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
At SPACE10, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our creativity and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.