Originating from the Scandinavian architectural tradition – aesthetically, socially and intellectually, we aim to create vibrant, sustainable buildings that transcend their physical bounds and provide lasting value to the user, culture, and society of which they are part.
We were founded in 1959 by architect Henning Larsen, whose name we proudly carry today. We create architecture with curiosity and artistic audacity that rests on a foundation of knowledge and attention to detail. Our projects are generous and give people the opportunity to experience the unexpected. We work together in a non-hierarchical community.
About the Role
We are seeking an architect, designer, engineer or hybrid with 1-3 years of relevant professional experience in sustainable architecture and digital environmental sustainable design.
At Henning Larsen, you will be part of a small cross-disciplinary team of specialists in our Sustainability Department. You will work alongside specialists in energy, daylight, artificial lighting, microclimate, and parametric design. We offer training within the different technical services and you will have a chance to work with large projects including prestigious competitions and large urban plans. You will be part of a large, international social group who you will join for lunches in our kantine and for Friday bars on the best rooftop terrace in the city.
What You're Gonna Do
- Being a strong voice and ambassador for sustainability in our projects
- Conducting building simulations such as daylight, wind and energy
- Calculating environmental impacts such as Life cycle assessment on building components
- Co-creating future-facing sustainability visions and strategies
- Coordinating sustainability design ideas with project architects, consultants and external collaborators
We are looking for a technically oriented architect, construction architect, or creative engineer with a digital mindset and an ambition to make the world more sustainable. You are an organized professional who can work on several projects in a structured way. You have good communication skills and are able to push people out of their comfort zone.
- Have proficiency in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Have experience with Honeybee and Ladybug
- Communicate fluently in English
It is also advantageous to have experience in knowledge of:
- Circular Economy and Life Cycle Assesment
- Urban Adaptation to Climate Change (rainwater management, people flow analysis etc.)
- Building certifications as DGNB, LEED, BREEAM and WELL
- Revit experience
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.