REN21 is the only global renewable energy community of actors from science, governments, NGOs and industry. Our goal: enable decision-makers to make the transition to renewable energy happen – now.
About the Role
REN21 is looking for a Project Manager and Analyst to join the project and research team in the REN21 Secretariat, who are responsible for producing the Renewables in Cities Global Status Report (REC-GSR). The first edition of this new report was published in late 2019 (www.ren21.net/cities). As part of this international team you will be responsible for coordinating research, developing the REN21 community and in particular managing the production of the Renewables in Cities Global Status Report.
If you like a dynamic working environment and passionate teammates, and you have previous experience working in policy, sustainable development/infrastructures and/or urban energy services, in particular in developing countries and emerging economies, we’d like to hear from you.
What You're Gonna Do
- Project management and research coordination: Work collaboratively in the project and research coordination team to manage the production of REN21’s Renewables in Cities Global
Status Report (REC-GSR):
✓ Coordinate production of specific REC-GSR chapters with authors and advisors, including facilitating collaboration between authors, special advisors, and contributors; developing chapter outlines; identifying & incorporating trends; carrying out critical review of texts, figures, tables, and additional chapter contents, etc.
✓ Participate in the day-to-day management of the REC-GSR production process, including setting and monitoring of milestones, timeline, etc.
✓ Research and analysis: identify research needs; coordinate REN21’s internal research; manage data collection (surveys, interviews, etc.)
✓ Identify and mobilise new contributors and collaboration partners
- REN21 data and analysis:
✓ Participate in defining and further developing REN21’s renewable energy reporting; integrate renewable energy indicators in cities into REN21’s data collection process (data collection questionnaires) and databases; contribute to the management of REN21 databases
✓ Undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis of energy in cities issues for inclusion in REN21 publications, especially the REC as well as other REN21 reports
✓ Support REN21’s knowledge-based outreach and communication
- Interact with REN21 partners (IEA, IRENA, World Bank, industry associations, NGOs, regional renewable energy and energy efficiency centers, etc.) on renewable energy research and data
- Present REN21 reports and products at events, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Advanced university degree(s) in a relevant discipline, such as engineering, urban planning,economics, or similar. An energy specialisation would be an advantage
- Minimum three years’ experience in analysis and research, preferably within an energy and/or sub-national/cities context
- Work experience in the private sector, in particular on energy services and market development and/or renewable energy development in developing countries and emerging economies and/or urban energy planning
- An understanding of the overall energy sector (production of energy, transformation, enduses, energy policy) and its history is an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English and proven experience drafting reports in English; other languages are an asset
- Good knowledge of data management and analysis
- Excellent level of computer literacy: fluency in Excel is critical; including the use of databases
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, international environment and dynamic team
- Creativity, solid analytical approach, autonomy and the courage to present new ideas, and interested in challenging existing boundaries and processes
What We Offer
The position is full-time and based at the REN21 Secretariat in Paris, to start as soon as possible. The contract duration is one year, with the possibility of extension. Please indicate in your application whether you have the legal right to work in France. The working language at REN21 is English.
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability and interest in the position to email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, 25 March 2020, 10PM CET. Please include “REN21 Project Manager and Analyst: Renewable Energy in Cities” in the e-mail header. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.