ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of over 1,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future.
About the Role
To support our Global Projects team we are offering the following position: Junior Officer, Global projects, project administration.
The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat team based in Bonn, Germany and will be placed within the Global Projects team.
The Junior Officer, will mainly support the administrative management of two multi-country, multi-annual projects, funded through the BMU/International Climate Initiative.
What You're Gonna Do
Support in administrative project management (ca. 70%), including:
- Controlling of budgets
- Preparation, and checking of financial project reports of the involved Regional Offices, other partners and/or subcontractors, as well as the World Secretariat as necessary, including payments to partners / sub-contractors
- Contract management (project contracts, sub-grants, cooperation agreements, service contracts, etc.)
- Support to project leaders in other aspects of the administrative management of projects upon need
Support in project acquisition and related processes (ca. 30%), including:
- Support in the coordination of project acquisition processes, keeping an overview on all proposal processes in the World Secretariat
- Support to technical teams in proposal writing, including administrative, contractual and financial matters, completing administrative forms, support the writing of budgets etc.
- Support the writing, editing and finalizing of project proposals and their coordination with partners
- Supporting project management compliance review processes, including taking over certain tasks that may go beyond those listed above
- Upon need, supporting other tasks in the team or extended World Secretariat team.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in project administration, management or related field, preferably in an international organization or NGO
- Completed apprenticeship or university degree (or equivalent) in NGO Management, Business or Public Administration, Urban Studies, Business Management or related fields
- Proficiency in MS Office, email programs
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent command of German
- Experience with legal documents (e.g. project contracts)
- Interest in international collaboration and sustainability
- Self-motivation, pro-active attitude, good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills and solution oriented approach
- Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations and under changing priorities
- Well organized, accurate and very attentive to details
- Take ownership of activities and responsibilities
- Assertiveness, reliability and respect of required confidentiality
What We Offer
- The position is available from 1 June 2020 at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. The duration is planned until 31 May 2021, with a possibility of extension.
- The Junior Officer, Global Projects will be supervised by the Officer, Global Projects
- Probation period 3 months
- The employment contract will be based on German law
- Salary: 29,725 – 32,822 EUR (full time) before tax and social insurance fees, with the final salary to be determined based on the chosen applicant’s skills, experience and position
- Working hours: 40 per week (full time), paid leave: 30 days per year (full time)
- Due to legal requirements, applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work permit for Germany prior to the start of the position.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.