C40 connects more than 90 of the world’s greatest cities. It is focused on tackling climate change and driving urban action that reduces greenhouse gas emissions and climate risks, while increasing the health, wellbeing and economic opportunities of urban citizens.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate individual to join C40 China office for the program promotion and communications work of the C40 China region.
The successful candidate will help the C40 China region to develop its communications work and promote its key programs to relevant stakeholders. Such communication and program promotion work requires the candidate to develop and deliver communication strategy focusing on targeted stakeholders especially C40 member cities, meanwhile the potential candidate shall also have deep understanding of C40 key programs such as transport, building, air quality and green finance so as to identify strategic opportunity for the promotion of relevant programs to amplify their influence.
What You're Gonna Do
- Develop the communications program of C40 China region, including identifying key communication opportunities and approaches, developing strategic communication plans and activities targeting both internal and external audience
- Carry out the communication plan and activities, such as developing C40 China region newsletter, we-chat account (with linkage to knowledge hub) as well as other outputs
- Support the implementation of the program or other activities from communication perspective, such as developing press release, invite media to attend relevant event etc.
- Carry out other communication activities in cooperation with C40 headquarter, especially focusing on communicating Chinese cities best practice to the global audience
- Leverage more resources to support the development of the communication program in China
Program incubation and promotion:
- Pre-development of the program
- Support the incubation of key programs by identifying the context (opportunities, challenges) for the development of potential new programs (such as transport)
- Contribute into the strategic development of potential new programs
- Post-development of the program
- Support the promotion of the program to amplify influence by for example:
a) designing together with the program team communication and promotion strategies
b) working together with the program team to develop briefings and news to share with internal and external stakeholders
c) getting interview and media cooperation opportunities for relevant programs
- Experience in communication opportunity identification as well as strategy development and implementation
- Good writing skills with hands on experience in developing of newsletters, briefings etc.
- Experienced in various communication tools (in-design etc.), especially for we-chat account development and management
- Strong understanding of key program areas such as transport, building and energy, air quality and green finance
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and verbal communication skills, combined with English and Chinese fluency;
- Strong team spirits and ability to deliver multiple priorities under pressure toward tight deadlines;
International experience working across different cultures, languages and time zones a plus;
- Experience in government, business or NGO sectors with a focus on cities, sustainability and/or climate change a plus;
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
What We Offer
Applicants must already have the right to work in China. Moderate travel may be required as part of the role.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.