ULI - the Urban Land Institute is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit research and education organization supported by its members.
Founded in 1936, the institute now has over 40,000 members worldwide representing the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines, working in private enterprise and public service.
As the preeminent, multidisciplinary real estate forum, ULI facilitates the open exchange of ideas, information and experience among local, national and international industry leaders and policy makers dedicated to creating better places.
About the Role
As part of the services to its members, the Urban Land Institute Europe, based in London, organises a suite of events, awards, webinars and educational activities, both on a European as well as on a local level. These are of strategic importance for the organisation in terms of member value proposition and financial results. ULI is now looking for an experienced senior manager events and education to work on the high-profile conferences, events, awards and educational activities part of the European annual calendar.
The successful candidate will lead on the delivery and development of our European programme of events, awards, webinars and educational activities, ensuring quality of the programme, member engagement, cost-effectiveness and member satisfaction. This position reports to the Director, Events and Education, Europe.
What You're Gonna Do
Deliver and enhance our pan-European events and education programmes, working with the Senior Associate and the Director of Events and Education Europe, and liaising with colleagues across Europe and in the Americas and Asia. Programmes include: the annual European Conference, the Leadership Retreat, forums, leadership events, awards, webinars and learning programmes, report launches and participation in trade events.
- Actively collaborate with members and colleagues to incorporate inputs and needs in the European programme of events, awards and educational activities, in order to increase member engagement and ULI’s visibility in Europe.
- Oversee and ensure high quality delivery of events such as forums, leadership dinners and report launches, and of the webinar programme.
- For the Leadership Retreat, oversee planning, logistics and onsite management and contribute to the overall programme.
- For the Europe Conference, oversee the Leadership Awards Dinner and Conference Dinner, the site tours, the main Conference day schedule and logistics and contribute to the overall programme.
- Oversee on-site project management for the bigger events, like the Europe Conference, ensuring smooth resourcing, including the preparation of guiding materials and on-site staff training.
- Coordinate the participation and execution of ULI’s activities at international trade events, which includes programming, marketing, invitations.
- Oversee venues/vendors selection, contract negotiation and execution.
- Lead on the programming of webinars, forums, report launches, site tours. This includes recruiting and coordinating the activities of programming committees, researching and proposing themes and potential speakers, inviting speakers, developing event agendas.
- Further develop the existing digital programme, working on input and feedback from members and on the back of conferences and research content.
- Support the delivery and development of the Awards programme (Leadership Awards, Awards for Excellence, Hines Competition). This includes overseeing the awards timeline, supporting the juries, managing the nomination/submission process, assisting applicants, ensuring the awards are effectively promoted, delivering the awards ceremonies and competition events.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a learning programme in Europe, working with members and colleagues, adapting the global offer to European demand and marketing it.
- Ensure that the events, awards, webinars and educational activities are effectively marketed to ULI Europe’s members, partners and prospects; providing strategic insight and programme detail support to the marketing resources supporting the event.
- Make recommendations for integrating new formats and solutions that can enhance the member experience and drive efficiencies in the delivery of events, awards and educational activities.
- Develop project budgets, manage to budget commitments and be responsible for the financial performance of the project.
- Provide in depth post event analysis of programme performance, to identified best practices and lessons learnt for future improvements.
- Provide status updates and detailed reporting to ULI senior management and leadership.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in events delivery and development.
- Proven, measurable success in the management of large conferences, networking events, and other events for executive-level groups.
- Experience with developing webinars and education programmes.
- Flexible, collaborative, proactive and team-oriented.
- Proactive and resourceful, with the ability to initiate and assume responsibility for tasks.
- Excellent organisational skills, strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly adapt to shifting duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge and interest in real estate and urban planning is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with high profile leaders and in an international fast paced environment is desirable.
- Experience working with or for a not-for-profit / member organisation is desirable.
- Fluency in a major European language other than English is desirable.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Availability to travel occasionally within Europe and to work occasionally in the evenings and weekends according to the event schedules.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.