EIT Urban Mobility is a growing pan-European partnership bringing together businesses, education, research excellence institutions and multifaceted cities. Its aim is to facilitate and fund the collaboration between these players to create mobility solutions that will accelerate the transition towards more liveable urban spaces.
About the Role
In order to support the vision of creating more liveable urban spaces, EIT Urban Mobility is opening a call for applications for three Business Developer Future Mobility Factory. The Business Developer Future Mobility Factory will be supporting the proliferation of new mobility solutions in particular exploiting results from EIT Urban Mobility activities.
What You're Gonna Do
The Business Developer Future Mobility Factory - (public) funding expert, will report directly to the Factory Director.
The position will support cities and companies in scaling up innovative urban mobility solutions globally.
It shall focus on defining (public) funding mechanisms for scale-up projects, supporting the Factory and partners to access those by writing the corresponding applications and identify and keep track of potential sources for additional (also private) funding to scale up urban mobility projects.
The position has elements of funding acquisition and handling, public sector consulting and product/service development in the field of sustainable urban mobility. This includes the following tasks:
- Developing projects and delivery plans with the target of scaling urban mobility solutions and create sustainable income for the EIT Urban Mobility partnership
- Writing funding applications and supporting the delivery of urban mobility projects
- Liaising with funding authorities on the European and local level
- Reviewing the market regarding available public (primary) and private (e.g. bank loans) funds for scaling urban mobility projects
- Developing sales channels to public and private sector
- Supporting matchmaking activities (physical and virtual) for scale up projects
- Experience in in handling (public) funds for project delivery, preferably with local governments (e.g. cities)
- Deep understanding of funding mechanisms for delivery of scale-up projects in the area of urban mobility (e.g. structural funds, EIB loans)
- Proven experience in international work environments
- Experience in (applied) research or consulting in urban mobility
- Good (academic) writing skills (track record of publications preferable)
- Demonstrable experience of developing a business network and maintaining an innovation partnership
- Customer orientation
- Efficient and effective problem solving in a complicated multi-sided market
- Capability, ability and fluency in working with funding institutions and partners from academia, industry and cities.
- Very well-developed communication skills.
- Capacity to work on physical and virtual events, activities, communication with an international partnership
- Team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities, capacity to multitask, hands-on, proactive and start-up mindset
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.