ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of over 1,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future.
What You're Gonna Do
- Coordinating and implementing ICLEI’s low emission development pathway with a focus on the East Asia Clean Air Cities Network (EACACN), which is evolving into a new operation phase, including but not limited to:
o Working closely with the EACACN participating cities from East Asia, and particularly the host city Seoul Metropolitan Government, on the program development and daily operations of the Network
o Assisting the development of short-, medium- and long-term implementation plan of the Network
o Liaising with participating local governments in East Asia (and to a less extent Southeast Asia) regarding their engagement
o Supporting network maintenance and expansion
o Co-organizing and supporting annual air quality forums initiated by participating local governments, e.g. Seoul and Beijing
o Delivering capacity building workshops to local government officials, with focus on cocontrol / co benefits on air quality management and climate change mitigation
o Continuing existing research topics and initiating new research ideas
o Converting outcomes into external publication
- Synergizing with ICLEI’s urban programs and projects related to its low emission development pathway, as co-control is one the main development directions of the Network Providing also air quality technical assistance and capacity building to other ICLEI members and other project cities, facilitating exchange and cooperation between cities on the areas mentioned in the Requirement section
- Communicating with government agencies, non-governmental organizations and other partners in the region to foster partnership
- Supporting project specific resource mobilization and strategy development
- Working in close cooperation and coordination with the ICLEI East Asia Secretariat Beijing Office in China
- have lived in one or more East Asian countries for a minimum of 6 years
- have an excellent command of English and one more East Asian languages, preferably Chinese
- have a postgraduate degree in environment, climate, sustainable urban development or another subject relevant to the position
- familiar with related areas such as: urban air quality management, monitoring, sectoral pollutant reduction (e.g. power system, transportation, building), low carbon development and greenhouse gases, co-control on air pollution and climate change
- have at least two years of working experience in a relevant field, with preference to previous experience in international entities and/or with local governments
- Have good skills on external communication and networking, and good at team working and time management
- With innovation, self-initiative, critical analysis and problem solving skills
What We Offer
- This position reports to the Program Manager at the ICLEI East Asia Secretariat
- The position is available immediately at the ICLEI East Asia Secretariat in Seoul, South Korea.
- International travel will be required; communication with partners around the world may require work during unusual hours
- Working languages: English
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work permit for the Republic of Korea prior to the commencement of work.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.