Localize.city (known as Madlan in Israel) reveals the full story of every NYC address using billions of data points and our game-changing insight engine. We’ve successfully changed how Israelis find their next home. With a fresh round of funding we’ve brought our technology, methods, and experience to the United States.
About the Role
Do you want to help millions of residents understand how urban issues affect their daily lives? Are you interested in transforming the real estate landscape by helping buyers and renters make the best decisions about where to live? Are you excited about working in a dynamic and ever-changing startup environment?
What You're Gonna Do
- You will provide professional guidance and leadership to a research team of Urban Planning Analysts in our NYC office.
- You will have deep professional knowledge of urban developments relating to zoning, transportation, schools, housing, open space, and communities.
- You will be responsible for creating workplans and setting deadlines to ensure company's goals are met and research projects completed, sometimes within a tight schedule.
- You will create an inspiring and motivated team environment, and suggest and organize team building activities.
- You will supervise and assess the day to day performance of the team, track progress, and report daily to the Head of Urban Planning.
- You will identify areas of improvement and develop new methodologies to meet milestones.
- You will support management, including hiring, training and logistics.
- You are an urbanist at heart, with work experience in urban research, planning, housing, or related area.
- You are an experienced manager: well organized, strong planner, prioritizes and delivers to deadlines. - - At least 2 years of team leadership experience is a must.
- You are sharp and analytical with a proven ability to distill complex information into key messages and produce focused research.
- You are able to get to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done, and get results. You can make quick and smart decisions under pressure.
- You are tech savvy, very comfortable working with Excel and diving into data. Ideally, you also have GIS skills.
- People love working with you, you bring energy and positivity to the team.
- You have a Masters degree or equivalent, preferably in Urban Planning or a related field.
- You are excited about working in a startup, and understand business considerations and decision-making.
Unfortunately, this job is not available for international candidates.